Friday, April 30, 2010

April Recap and Jillian Michaels Boost Your Metabolism Review

I can't believe another month in 2010 is done!  April seemed to be good to me as far as getting back on the wagon.

Recap:
  • Hit the 3 mile milestone
  • Ran the Get in Gear 5K
  • Signed up for Twin Cities Marathon
  • Lost a little over six pounds (I am down 9 since March)
  • Started my 3rd round of Pilates
  • Kept a journal of my food intake most days.  I finally found a good online journal that works for me---here.
  • Finally opened up Boost Your Metabolism DVD after having it over a month.
  • Finally have a working Garmin!
Not too shabby of a month if I do say so myself.

On to Jillian Michaels.....

One of my work buddies is a total glutton for punishment as she has a whole library of Jillian workouts that she rotates through her workout schedule.  Based on her recommendation, I chose to try Boost Your Metabolism.  I was a little hesitant because it was twice as long as Shred....and lets be honest anything past 20 minutes with Jillian and I fear for my life.

I popped it in and was able to follow the moves just fine.  The great thing about her workouts is that moves are pretty old school and relatively simple.  Simple moves does not equal easy workout.  This was a tough workout and not even half way through, I was dripping with sweat.  The time went quick and at the end I was TIRED!  As per Garmin....I burned 772 calories just on that workout.  This one is a keeper!

Since I was home with Diva today, we tried to run with the jogger again.  Still wasn't feeling it, so I walked most of the way (3 miles).   Tomorrow is my "long run" and I am hoping to do more than 3 miles....without walk breaks.

13 comments:

The Jogger Blogger said...

Hmmmm....maybe I will have to take my Jillian DVDs that I have had over a year out of the SHRINK WRAP and give them a try!

Jess said...

Nice job on April! Good luck with your long run this weekend!

Running for Me said...

What a great April for you! I bought a Jillian video in December and still have not taken it out of the shrink wrap:( Someday I will.

Megsie said...

Love your new digs...Way to go on your successful April!

Delane said...

great month carly!

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Oooohhh... I am doing the TC Marathon this year as well. (I did the 10 mile last year) Not quite sure how I am feeling about it, this will be my first. Nervous and excited all at the same time. What training program are you using?

Lisa said...

Great April! Here's to a fantastic month in May as well!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Way to go in April!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great month, Carly!

Monica said...

What a successful month you've had. Congrats!!

I love your new blog background. Very calm and serene!! Love it!

lindsay said...

congrats on the 6lbs and consistent food journaling!

i have heard that BYM dvd was tough - glad you are getting a good workout from it.

RBR said...

What a great month! 6 pounds is AWESOME! I hate that I have to be one of these people that has to journal what they eat, think before they eat and monitor hte f-ing scale, but I am. It is comforting and inspiring to hear about great women that do the same. Thank you for sharing your journey!

Megan said...

When I run with the jogger, I push it ahead of me, let go, and chase it a bit. Once you get in to a rhythm, I find that works well.