- Hit the 3 mile milestone
- Ran the Get in Gear 5K
- Signed up for Twin Cities Marathon
- Lost a little over six pounds (I am down 9 since March)
- Started my 3rd round of Pilates
- Kept a journal of my food intake most days. I finally found a good online journal that works for me---here.
- Finally opened up Boost Your Metabolism DVD after having it over a month.
- Finally have a working Garmin!
On to Jillian Michaels.....
One of my work buddies is a total glutton for punishment as she has a whole library of Jillian workouts that she rotates through her workout schedule. Based on her recommendation, I chose to try Boost Your Metabolism. I was a little hesitant because it was twice as long as Shred....and lets be honest anything past 20 minutes with Jillian and I fear for my life.
I popped it in and was able to follow the moves just fine. The great thing about her workouts is that moves are pretty old school and relatively simple. Simple moves does not equal easy workout. This was a tough workout and not even half way through, I was dripping with sweat. The time went quick and at the end I was TIRED! As per Garmin....I burned 772 calories just on that workout. This one is a keeper!
Since I was home with Diva today, we tried to run with the jogger again. Still wasn't feeling it, so I walked most of the way (3 miles). Tomorrow is my "long run" and I am hoping to do more than 3 miles....without walk breaks.