Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Demise of the Detox

Who am I kidding?

Detox?

Rigghhhhht!

My crazy idea to only eat fruit and veggies lasted all of 15 hours. I had been fighting a headache all morning.  After our lunch time walk, I felt dizzy and light headed.  I needed protein.  STAT.  I had nothing at my desk to eat and I didn't have any change in my wallet.  I hit my friend for a buck and visited the vending machine for a package of peanuts.  I inhaled them in the elevator.  About 15 minutes later, I started to feel better. 

After that all I could think about was food.  I wanted real food and I wanted it quick.  As I was leaving work, I even considered getting a pizza for the ride home.  Thankfully I didn't and somehow I managed to not eat everything in sight when I got home.  I decided that this detox business is not for me.  I am better off starting off with baby steps like cutting out the candy (proud to say that there was NO candy in my diet yesterday).  I also got rid of my double secret stash of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.  Chubby Hubby was appalled and I am not sure if it was because of the hidden arsenal or if it was because I didn't share.   Either way, they are gone.

What did I learn from this fail?  This was a stupid idea and I would never make it as a Vegan.

Soooo, now the plan is:
  • Up the veggies.
  • Up the water.
  • Up the exercise.
  • Quit candy.

    16 comments:

    Twix said...

    Wowsers! I agree take little steps to cut out the junk. Good for you for not going beserk and eating everything in site!! :)

    Erica said...

    ohhh yikes! I am sorry it made you feel bad..in theory it sounded good, but I don't think I would make it more than hour on such a detox! Great job getting rid of the candy! I just hurried up and ate all mine I figured the sooner I got rid of it the better! :P

    Diana said...

    Out of sight.....out of mind!

    needlerunning said...

    Wow. It like you can read my mind everytime I make a grand proclomation to do something. Baby steps is the way to go...maybe one day I will learn that one too.

    Good luck!

    Sarah said...

    I think I like your new plan better. I totally need to clean out the Easter candy too!

    Shan said...

    I just found your blog and love it so far!
    I lasted 2 days as a vegan, then felt like something was missing...my husband said I was missing meat LOL

    Delane said...

    A food guru who i work with say to remove one bad item and add one good item.

    ie: get rid of processed sugars. Add a serving of low fat dairy.

    I've been doing this. I have swapped out all my refined carb snacks for fruits or veggies or ff/lf dairy, Its really helped.

    I'm now on to sweats before bed, I normally have one every night, I'm trying to cut back to 3 nights a week until I get to 2 times a week. I'm subbing for fruit or a glass of wine (port).

    http://euphoricagony.blogspot.com

    Julie said...

    Hi Carly,
    You are so funny:) Funny thing is that I was serious when I said that I would join your detox club! I was considering trying the Master Cleanse detox right after Earth Day and Get in Gear. The thing that sucks is that this program is ten days:( I don't know if I can go that long!

    teacherwoman said...

    Baby steps for sure!

    You quit candy and I will quit coffee?!

    lindsay said...

    lol. i don't think i could handle that either.... at least you made it home without eating everything (unhealthy) insight!

    no candy! you can do it!!

    Missy said...

    Detox would kill me too! I just can't bring it around...

    sanjeet said...

    I like your new plan better. I totally need to clean out the Easter candy too!
    post free classified ads

    Kim said...

    Just joined your blog...looking forward to it.
    I also started a blog on blogspot.com
    check it out if you want.
    http://chubbychicmarathoner.blogspot.com

    The Jogger Blogger said...

    I admire you-I can't quit candy! I let myself have a couple of Hershey kisses each night!

    Thanks for your words of encouragement!

    Diane Fit to the Finish said...

    This is such a great post! Sorry that you felt badly on the detox. I've never tried it either, but did declare a moratorium on chocolate for quite some time when I first started! It was my form of detox!

    Megan said...

    Yeah. Me neither.