Monday, April 12, 2010

A Great Start to the Week

My son and I had a chiropractor appointment this morning.  When it was my turn to get adjusted, my son was chit chatting with the doctor and the interns.


Son:  Do you know what my mom can do?
Dr:  No, what can your mom do?
Son:  My mom runs MARATHONS!!!!
ME:  (giggling because I can barely run for 3 miles)
Dr:  WOW....do you know how far that is?
Son:  YEAH, like 100 miles....and she gets all kinds of medals.
Dr:  That is amazing!  Are you going to run a race with her someday?
Son:  I would like to, but she is WAY too fast!!!
Me:  (Audible snort) BWAH!!!!!!

Things like that totally make my day.  It is nice to know that I am kind of cool even though I am the "meanest mom ever". I am never the cool parent so I am enjoying my moment.


I really think these adjustments are starting to help.  After my adjustments, I am always sore.  They have been working out my hip flexor muscles with The Stick.  OUCH.  OUCH.  OUCH!  It always hurts but it releases it and feels better. Hopefully keeping up with these treatments will keep me going all Summer.

On a completely different note....

I finally got the final piece of the replacement Garmin FR60.  In this post, I received the device and the heart rate monitor but none of the other components. Ughhh....after several emails back and forth to the company, they finally sent the footpod and the ANT stick.  Trust me, this is the most polite and condensed version of this drama.  I truly appreciate that the agreed to make the exchange and ultimately I am happy....but it was a long road.  I took it on a test run tonight and IT WORKED!!!!!! I probably just jinxed myself but I am over the moon that I have something that actually works as package indicates.  Now I will spare you any more Garmin talk (this is what happens when my OCD takes over).

19 comments:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on being the coolest mom! And the garmin!

lindsay said...

i love the convo your son had with the doctor/his staff :) glad the garmin stuff is straightened out at last too!

Heather said...

Your son is so cute! Sophie would be more likely to say something along the lines of "My mommy poops her pants when she runs. " :)

Running for Me said...

Kids are great! Good luck with the Garmin.

SeeGirlRun said...

Sounds like an all around great day - congrats!

MCM Mama said...

LOL at the conversation! My kids always manage to embarrass me. Glad garmin is finally working for you.

Monica said...

Even the "meanest" mom's are still superstars in their children's eyes!! You definately are a superstar!

teacherwoman said...

You're supermom in your son's eyes!

Delane said...

gald you got the garmin running! I love mine even though it doesn't do much for me indoors.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

HAhahaa, love that!!! Way to go on being a cool, super speedy ultra-marathon MOM! :)

Sarah said...

That is so sweet! Enjoy all those moments!

Missy said...

Like 100 miles! That is the sweetest. I love it.

Staci Dombroski said...

That is such a great story!!! I love it :)

Lisa said...

cute story about your son's interpretation of your running. I would see that as extra incentive to keep up the good work!!

Oh.my.gosh. I didn't realized the Garmin drama was still ongoing. Glad it finally worked out in the end..

Megsie said...

All good news for you...no more candy, hitting three miles (!!) and now that fancy device WORKED. Time to go out and celebrate :)

Meg said...

Heh, your son sounds adorable ^_^

Let me know how the garmin works! I'd love to read a full blown review of it. I'm looking at various devices (like the nike + armband and the garmin) since I'm just getting into running outside.

Megan said...

It's nice that he looks at you like that.

Jess said...

Congrats on being a cool mom!

shan said...

Kids are great! My kids tell me I look like I wet myself after a run!