Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In The Chest.....Let it Rest

Boooooo!  I was really hoping that this heaviness in my chest would just quietly go away.  No such luck.  I sound like I am a 5 pack a day smoker and when I cough or laugh it sounds like I am a barking seal.

What did that mean for my run?  Nothing, it didn't happen.  I decided to live by the old rule...In the Chest, Let it Rest.  I skipped it.  Since I feel like complete dung, I am choose rest instead.  I do not want to push it because I want to be healthy for the Get in Gear 5K on Saturday.

All was not lost though, I did do a 3 mile walk on my lunch hour. 


Other tidbits....
After yesterday's visit to the Chiropractor I am pretty sore to the touch,however, my leg seems to be a lot less locked up.  No bruises (yet) and I have been icing the area.  I hope this helps.  Thankfully it is not a huge problem that has benched me and I hope it keeps me on my feet.

My 3 Things Challenge is going really well. 
1.  No Candy.---none, nada, nunca!
2.  Drink more water----At least 64oz/day
3.  Less time surfing at night----Doing well on that avenue too.  I guess it might be cheating since I have been in bed early all week.

My first 5K of the season is on Saturday.  I am looking forward to it.  We have  a pretty big group of women from my office doing the race so it should be quite fun.  The only thing missing is Sarge.  She will be there in spirit.  I miss her like crazy and I can't wait until she returns.

Taht is all I got tonight....Now, I have a date with Nyquil.

21 comments:

SeeGirlRun said...

Geez - hope you feel better soon! Take it easy. The 5K is going to be a blast!

Laura

MCM Mama said...

Great job on the challenge! Feel better soon!

daysrun said...

I had the crud a while back and found cough drops help out if you do need to get a run in. Good luck!

RockStarTri said...

When in doubt, leave it out. Feel better.

Running for Me said...

I hope you feel better soon. Sounds like your challenge is going well. Keep up the great work.

Erica said...

good luck on the 5k! I hope you feel better really soon!

Heather said...

Take care of yourself - hope you feel better soon! Good luck with the 5k this weekend.

Delane said...

I ran for the first time in 3 weeks. It kinda sucked. Of course I could have ran last week ..but I was still "healing".

Good luck on the first 5K!

Megsie said...

Hope you feel better soon, and how are you sticking to that challenge? I need some guidance! Or are you using what some call "will power" or something like that?

Lisa said...

Hope you get to feeling better. Seems like several people have been talking on their blog about being sick too. I think it must be going around. Good luck on the 5K, that is awesome.

Diana said...

Good luck with the 5K.....
Hope the "ickyness" is gone by then!
Rest, rest, rest!!!!

xm41907 said...

I'm right there with ya on the sickiness front. I've been fighting a cold since Thursday. It's been almost a week since I've run and it's killing me. I don't want to push it and string this thing out any longer than I have to. Best of luck feeling better!

Staci Dombroski said...

I hope you are feeling rested and better today ;)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Feel better.
GL on your 5K

Meg said...

Oh man feel better! Good luck on Saturday!

The Jesse said...

hi, i found your blog from the 3 changes challenge spreadsheet. i'm trying to drink more water too for one of my challenges. i hope you feel better soon! good luck at your race this weekend :)

Sammie Girl said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Jess said...

Sorry to hear that you're sick! Time to break out the booze-laced cold medicine!

Carolina John said...

yep, i've been letting it rest this week too. i've also got it in the chest.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Yikes! Hope you're feeling better by now! Enjoy the 5k!!

lindsay said...

hope you are feeling better and good luck in tomorrow's race!!