Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Little Miss Workout

According to my new and improved Garmin FR60 heart rate monitor, I have burned a total of 1104 calories today.  My workouts included a brisk 3 mile hilly walk over lunch, an almost 3 mile run with Diva after work, and 60 minutes of Pilates.  I am TIRED...but am enjoying a guiltless beer tonight.

Not quite sure what is going on with my running lately.  I am having concrete leg syndrome and I feel like I am made of lead.  I cannot seem to replicate the awesome 3 miler I did almost 2 weeks ago.  I am not going to worry about it I will just keep pushing and eventually I will break through this wall.  I am not sure if I am having issues because of the time that I am running (usually after work), or if it is that I am dehydrated (I have sucked at getting to my minimum 64oz), or if it is that I am still getting over that barky cough (still have fits of hacking).  Or it could be just a craptastic run without reading into it.

 
Today's run was a lot of fun because I threw Diva in the jogger and took her with me.  I am not a fan of running with the stroller because it infringes on my ME time is heavy and awkward.  She was a great coach because she kept telling me to "run faster".  She provided me with great music....her version of Old McDonald was very entertaining (note to self:  teach her proper animal sounds do not sound like flatulence ).  She was also there to help me clean up my language.  When I had to wait for this lady to take sweet time her time while she blocked the road, Diva reminded me not to use the word "Ass Clown" (note to self:  clean up language).

(<-----------------Never tell a 2 year old to smile.....all cheese)
She also cracked me up because she found an old Timex and she instisted on wearing her "wunning watch".    It warms the heart that she wants to be just like her mama.

I will try the run again tomorrow and hope for a better one.

20 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
Your little diva is super cute!! Run faster mommy:) Nice work! I love it when I see that I burned off big time calories!

Delane said...

Diva is to cute.

I ran for the the first time in 6 months outside today. Its sucked more than a hungry pigglet!

Sarah said...

ADORABLE!!! My little guy can't say his r's well either and I think it is the cutest thing. :)

X-Country2 said...

Aww, what a cutie!

Megsie said...

I love the twin watches! I totally get the infringing thing though...

Erica said...

you mean Ass clown is not something they approve of at pre-school? damn I am in so much trouble! :P

Great Job with all those calories!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Concrete leg syndrome is really going around!!!! It does get better just keep up the good battle.

Lisa said...

Solid workout day for you with the walk, run, and pilates.

Cute that the little one has her running watch too!

C.E.E. said...

Ass clown...my lord...I think I've found my new favorite 'ass' saying

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Hello! I am new to your blog, always exciting to find another Minnesota Mommy/runner/blogger! I thought this post was hilarious. Is it raining down in the cities today because it is here "up North". Do you run in the rain? I am trying to decide if I want to get soaked this morning.

Kim said...

Diva is adorable and Ass Clown is now my new favorite word! For years it has been Ass Hat but I like yours better!

Staci Dombroski said...

I love this post!! It had me laughing :) It sounds like a fun run!

teacherwoman said...

Ass Clown...hahaha!

Lovin' the Diva! :)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Hahahaha! So cute. When Ian used to say he wanted to run with me, I was as happy as an Ass Clown.

But he's 10 now and wants nothing to do with me.

Now I'm a Sad Ass Clown.

He still does fake-o smiles when you tell him to smile for a pic, tho.

SeeGirlRun said...

She is absolutely adorable!!! Ass clown? Too funny! My grandson can't say R's. When I was visiting, I had him say "I'm hunting wabbits." I'm so bad!!!

Laura

Al's CL Reviews said...

What a cutie!

lifestudent said...

Whenever I have a few runs in a row with led legs it usually means my body (and/or my head) really isnt so into running at that time. I try to take a couple days off and refresh.

That doesnt include my current situation where I am taking a couple of weeks off and hibernating ;)

MCM Mama said...

LMAO at "ass clown". Sadly, all the curse words my kids know, they learned from me.

RockStarTri said...

Enjoy running with her now. My eldest is 14 and laughs at me when she sprints away at the beginning of a race. I can't even keep with her for the first quarter mile.

lindsay said...

the 'wunning watch' is too cute! love it. :)

i had cement legs not long ago. it's awful. try doing some short sprints maybe? (like football field length or shorter, nothing crazy here!)