Thursday, April 1, 2010

Three Things Thursday

It is 1:51AM and I can't think of anything else I would rather be doing.  Who needs sleep?

GARMIN
I am going to come across as an ungrateful bitch.  Sobeit.  I took advantage of Gamin's offer to exchange my device.  Last week I shipped that thing back and I was excited to see a package waiting for me when I got home yesterday.  The excitement was squashed when I opened the package because I was expecting an equal exchange as per the offer.  Well, it was nowhere near equal.

What I sent them:
  • 1 Garmin Watch/Receiver
  • 1 Heart Rate Monitor
  • 1 ANT+ Stick (for wireless data uploading)
  • 1 Footpod (tracks distance and pace)

What I received:
  • 1 Garmin Sports Watch
  • 1 Heart Rate Monitor (That doesn't show calories burned unless you use it with the footpod)

The item I received, I really have no use for.  I could have kept my original Forerunner 50 for a sports watch and saved myself the shipping fee when packaged it up and sent it back.  I emailed the company.  Again.  Truthfully, after two years of trying to resolve this, I am ready to chalk it up as wasted money.  I am sure they will be more than happy to correct this, but really, enough already.  I am sick of dealing with it as much as you are probably sick of reading about it.  I am tired of the back and forth just to try to get an overpriced watch to track a little data.  As I said before, Garmin's customer service is AWESOME, but friendly help only goes so far.  At the end of the day, I still have a product I cannot use. 

Can you tell I am frustrated?

April Already?
I can't the first quarter of 2010 is over!  That went by really really quick.  I reviewed my goals for the year and realized that my plan has shifted for most of my goals.  I quit the gym and I quit Weight Watchers.  Both topped the list of my goals.  

Here are my new goals for the next quarter:
  • Run the Get in Gear 5K
  • Continue base building for Twin Cities Marathon
  • Lose 10lbs (I hope more, but need to break it up into smaller goals)
  • Finally try a Kettlebell workout
  • Continue lunch time walks at least 3 times per week.
Boo....it is April 1st and I can't think of a good April Fools Joke.  My son got me yesterday though....He asked if I wanted a brownie.  I said yes.  He gave me a brown letter E.  That one was a knee slapper.  ha!  Maybe I will try that one at the office.  Last year, me shouting FIRE didn't go over very well. (kidding)

Research Study
I posted awhile back about a research study I am involved in.  It is a work/family balance study.  My requirement is to wear a pedometer for a week to track all the steps I take in a day.  I record them and then I participate in an interview.  I do this on a quarterly basis.  I just finished my 7 days of wearing the pedometer and I discovered most of my days I walked 10-15K steps.  This is not the norm, I have been more active this last week than I have been all winter.   I may continue to wear the pedometer on a regular basis just to see if I can get close to 15K everyday.

Now it is 2:35AM, and I am finally getting tired.  Sorry if there are spelling and grammar errors (more than the usual), I didn't proofread.  I am going to drag my butt back to bed.

14 comments:

Jess said...

I should be in bed too! But just stumbled on your post (from somewhere but I don't remember).

That's too bad about Garmin. Hopefully you'll get what you requested for and it can stop stressing you AND them out. I don't get why they're so inefficient. One happy satisfied customer means less complaints!

I wear my pedometer like nobody's business. If there's one little accountability partner that I can rely on a good chunk of the time, that's him.

Good luck with your training! I'm training for a half marathon in June. First 5K is in 11 days, followed by a 5K and 10K in May, then the big half. You can do it!

Diana said...

If you move that "finally try a kettlebell workout" up above the "lose 10lbs" on your list....the 10lbs would drop for sure!!
Learn KB's from a certified instructor-don't waste any of hard earned cash on a crap DVD. We instructors care and are compassionate about our kb's. In case you haven't noticed!!
Good luck! Look forward to hearing about it!
Feel free to email me with any questions!

Java Joggers said...

That's a bummer about the Garmin... hope you can get things resolved soon.

If you do try the kettlebells, be sure to post about it... I like to excercise vicariously through other bloggers :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Ugh, that sucks about your Garmin... hope it gets figured out! Always wondered how many steps I take in a day, great job!

Erica said...

wow you were up late!! I hope Garmin can get it straight....

You walk a lot in a day!!

Megsie said...

I am sorry you had the dreaded insomnia last night. Good revision of goals, I need to do the same. The good news? (or bad depending on your perspective)...SPRING BREAK and it is supposed to get up to 80 today!

Heather said...

That sucks about your garmin!

I agree with Diana about the kettlebells - take a class from a certified instructor instead of doing a DVD. It really is worth it!

teacherwoman said...

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with your garmin. How ANNOYING!

Jess said...

Why are you up so late! Sheesh, lady!

Monica said...

True suckage about your Garmin!!

Get some sleep girl!

Delane said...

I have a 405 that only calcs calories when it calculates distance. I wish I had the one that calcs based of HR.

Maybe next year.

Lisa said...

A brown E. Hahahahahahah!!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

I'd be pissed too - about the Garmin! And man, oh man, get some sleep girl, you're making me really tired, and I'm freaking exhausted already!

sanjeet said...

I don't get why they're so inefficient. One happy satisfied customer means less complaints!
post free classified ads