Thursday, April 8, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  I am so relieved that tomorrow is Friday.  It has been a helluva week here at the office.  You know that stimulus money floating around?  Well, 1/2 of my job is to provide quarterly reporting on how that money is being spent.  We have a 10 day deadline so the pressure is on.  Please do me a favor and check out how your tax dollars are being used.  I want to make sure that the life I am losing caused by the stress of getting this information will not be in vain.  In the name of transparency....check out recovery.gov.

2.  The kids are at Grandma and Grandpa's house tonight and you know what that means......time to dump the candy.  It is much easier to do it when they are not around.  After being assaulted by a chocolate bunny (and Reese's eggs and Peeps, and Whopper eggs, and jelly beans) last night, it is clear that I cannot have that garbage in the house.  I eat candy even if it is the nastiest kind (which is what the Easter Bunny brought).



3.  For the next 3 days, I am consuming nothing but veggies, fruit, and water.  It is my own version of a detox.  I have planned out my menu and it is something I can stick with.  Monday, I am going to add back the protein and whole grains.  For three days, I can handle this....(I think).  I honestly think this is the only way I am going to get back on track.

15 comments:

Delane said...

I do a fruit and veggie, water and yogurt detox when my stomach gets a wonky. I find adding plain yogurt 2x a 1. helps with hunger 2. helps put back the probiotics my body needs.

I'm glad there was no easter bunny at my house this year!

http://euphoricagony.blogspot.com/

The Jogger Blogger said...

The Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Eggs are my biggest weakness around Easter, but like you, I eat candy that doesn't even really tempt me just so I can eat it!

Staci Dombroski said...

You can do it :)

Joe said...

OMG PEEPS! Send me your Peeps!! No...wait. On second thought, don't. I'm trying to be disciplined. I bought 4 packages on clearance yesterday and they're gone today. Yep. 40 Peeps in 2 days (don't tell anyone). Good thing I run. I want your Peeps....

Laura

SeeGirlRun said...

OMG PEEPS! Send me your Peeps!! No...wait. On second thought, don't. I'm trying to be disciplined. I bought 4 packages on clearance yesterday and they're gone today. Yep. 40 Peeps in 2 days (don't tell anyone). Good thing I run. I want your Peeps....

Laura
(Joe is my hub. HE doesn't like Peeps...)

Erica said...

ooohhh I like your detox idea!! Sorry it has been a helluva week! my ceiling in my kitchen is falling down, after we just spent a billgillion dollars on building the deck of our dreams....if that makes you feel any better....or maybe I just made you join my pity party :( Either way have a great weekend

Monica said...

I understand that Easte Candy problem!!! Easter and Halloween just about kill me!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great detox!

Heather said...

Good luck with the detox!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
Woo hoo, tomorrow is Friday!! I have already dumped some of my kid's candy:) LOL!! Out of sight...out of mind!

Lisa said...

I need to detox myself of peeps. how many peeps are in a serving? is it less than 12 (or maybe i meant 21...oops). oh crap. yeah...waaaayyyy less than 12 or 21. blah!

X-Country2 said...

ARRA reporting! Ha. I hear ya. We've had a handful of clients call and say they need their report in THREE days instead of ten since their "project is so high profile". Uh huh. Sure.

MCM Mama said...

This year the kids got almost no candy in their baskets. This has been so very good for me.

Of course, I need a detox from all the drinking over spring break. Guess you can't win either way LOL.

Lori said...

I think about doing a fruit and veggie day just for freshness value, but I can't go without my dairy LOL!

It was nice not having candy in the house for Easter. Just the little bit at my sister's house was enough to satisfy and not have left over!

sanjeet said...

, I eat candy that doesn't even really tempt me just so I can eat it!
post free classified ads