Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up-Easter Style

Happy Belated Easter!

I am typing with post holiday bloated fingers.  Isn't it amazing what a little salt can do?  I am going to have to drink a couple of gallons of water to take care of this. 

We had a great Easter.  Our family traveled North to spend the weekend with my parents.  This was one of the years that American Easter and Orthodox Easter fell on the same day.  (Yes, we do celebrate Easter twice and the bunny does come to our house both times, jealous?)  Adding to the Easter festivities was my dad's birthday.  It ended up being a weekend of eating.  It is so funny how everything tastes better at my parents house.


Now that I am full of Reese's eggs, Ham, Sarma,  and many many other great things.....I must get back on track.  I am suffering from a food hangover and I dread having to wear pants that button to work today.  Do I dare step on the scale?

Let the detox begin!

12 comments:

mommie2lea said...

We always celebrated both Easters, too, since my mom is Catholic and my dad is Greek Orthodox. Loved it!

I am detoxing with you. Damn peanut butter eggs.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I'm coming to your 'rents house next time Sarma is made. That looks awesome!!!

Have a good detox. As long as you had a good time, the calories don't count, right?

Megan said...

I hear you on the bloated fingers thing. I ate so much junk yesterday, I gave myself a belly ache.

I've been looking for something to do cabbage besides slaw and smothering. I'll have to try the sarma.

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I am glad you had a great Easter! I was a naughty girl and ate way too much crap!! I will join you in that detox:) Have a good one!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

LET the detox begin! I agree, I chuck out so much candy because I didn't want to binge!!

Jess said...

I didn't even know there was the possibility to celebrate two Easters! Awesome.

Diana said...

I did good this year, not even 1 PEEP! That's amazing. And now they have chocolate covered PEEPS, that is just NOT fair!! Next year!

Heather said...

My ring felt tight today - too much salt!

MCM Mama said...

I'll be joining you in detox after an entire week of eating too much.

X-Country2 said...

Easter just isn't Easter unless it requires a detox on Monday. nice work.

lindsay said...

Happy belated Easter indeed! I claimed I was gonna detox Monday but then went food shopping and Easter candy was on sale and ya know, I couldn't resist... Siiiiigh. Hope you are being stronger!!

sanjeet said...

I'll have to try the sarma.
post free classified ads