Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up in Bullets

Saturday-
  • Baseball season has officially begun.  My oldest son had his first practice and this marks the point on the calendar when things start to get INSANE!
  • 3.21 mile run done in 33:47.  It is not fast by any means, but kind of speedy for me. 
  • After the run, the family and I headed out to Como Zoo to see the animals.  My kids could have cared less about the animals, all they wanted was the food that they were selling.  Ha!
  • My niece and her fiance met us at the park and I got to play with my camera.  I made them model for me.  On a side note....  I am FLOORED that she is old enough to get married.  In fact she is older than I was when I got married.  BUT...I met her when she was only 10 years old!!! It is crazy how fast time flies.  Aren't they cute????
Sunday-
  • I enjoyed a quick early morning coffee date with BFF
  • Got all my meal planning and grocery shopping done by 9:00AM. It is a new world record!
  • Biked as a family to the park. I can't imagine how people can ride more than a few miles.  My ass hurts and we didn't travel that far!!
  • I wasn't going to run today but decided to do just one lap around Lake Nokomis.  I brought my oldest child along to bike while I ran.  Although the run wasn't anything spectacular, I enjoyed my time with him and he enjoyed tell me to speed it up!
  • My allergies are starting to flare up and I am feeling a bit heavy in the chest.  I am trying to make sure it doesn't become Bronchitis.  Plan of attack:  Neti Pot, drugs, lots of water, and rest.

I am BEAT!

15 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Great picture! Sounds like a lovely weekend. Good job on the running.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Cute pic!
You were flying, in my book!

Bike...you need bike shorts.
Shebeest makes a cute pair of Board Shorts.

Delane said...

your butt gets use to it. takes time.

great pics.

Aka Alice said...

Yes..you have to train the butt muscles. You get used to it!

First game of the season? Geez...we've been doing baseball for over a month here. I'm already sick of it.

The Jogger Blogger said...

You're a great photographer! Sounds like the perfect weekend...t-ball started for us too so we are just beginning the whole living at the ballpark thing!

SeeGirlRun said...

You actually plan your menus and grocery list for the week? I really, really should do that. Can you send me a copy? As an example? I'll bet it saves time and money. Boy. Forget the running. THAT is intimidating!

Laura

Megsie said...

Sounds like an active weekend. Funny, I brought all three of my kids on my walk yesterday too. And enjoyed them which is the weird thing. They must be growing up! Over 3 miles is awesome Carly!

Staci Dombroski said...

We have baseball season over here too!! I love this time of year! Have a great week :)

Lisa said...

We went to a baseball game yesterday. FUN!!

Great job on your 3.21 mile run. :-)

With cycling, it's all about the shorts!

teacherwoman said...

How about those Twins yesterday?! Boy oh boy was that nasty to watch! LOL

Sounds like a busy but productive weekend... nice!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Great weekend! Great pic - it looks like a pic you would find in a frame!! Great run too, slow and steady wins the race!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I take my 7-year-old long often on my runs...she rides her bike just ahead of me. I get my run in and she is exhausted by bedtime. :)

WannabeRunner said...

i think your 3.2 mile time is awesome!! I wish i could run that fast! :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Julie said...

I abolutely love running around Lake Nokomis...my favorite lake route hands down!! Flat and fast...love it:) Nice job on your run!