Saturday, May 1, 2010

Saturday Night

I am one wild and crazy lady tonight.....I am organizing five years of photos.  I REALLY need to practice what I preach about photo organization.  I need to label them properly, print, and back them up.  The photos I have done for my clients uber organized while my personal photos are in the equivilent of a computer version of a shoe box.  To make matters worse I have THOUSANDS of photos.  This project is WAY bigger than I had anticipated.  Anyway...it makes for an exciting Saturday night.

I am pretty excited to report than I ran 4.1 miles today and it was a great run! I found every excuse not to run right away in the morning.  I finally got off my rear about 11AM and got it done.  I was concerned that this run would be like my last few where I could not hardly make it through the first mile.  That was not the case and I felt great the whole time.  My goal is to be able to run 6 miles by the end of the month.  If I can keep this up, it should not be a problem.

I was surprised the run went as well as it did because I woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a truck.  The morning after Jillian's Boost Your Metabolism was awful.  My arms are still achy and sore.  It was a great workout.  I am going to shoot to do that bad boy at least 2 times a week.

Back to my project from HELL!  PSA:  Take time to organize and back up or digital photos or you will someday be a weekend lame ass like me.

9 comments:

Simply Life said...

wow, I'm just impressed that you finally got to it! I'm running close to 3 years of unorganized pictures and need to do something about that!

Jess said...

Okay, I really need to print and organize my pics. I swore once Norah was born, I'd be on it like white on rice, and at first I was...now? Not so much!

Nice job on your 4.1 miles! You're doing a great job!

Megsie said...

I have bags of photos that need to get on the computer. I have been avoiding since I had kids. Which is really when I started taking pictures. Good for you--lame ass and all.

RBR said...

Right on for your run! I know how good it feels when after a series of shorter crappy runs you have a longer one that finally reminds you why you like running.

Ugh. Pictures. Mine (and you know I have THOUSANDS as well) are a disgrace and not all backed up. You have inspired me to get on that ASAP. I hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

Diana said...

Nice job on the run! That must be a great "boost" for ya!
I've been working on a project that I've wanted to for months. Sort of like organizing photos. I wanted to laminate all my race bibs and put them in a binder. I did that today and got all the race results from each event to put with the bib. Now I can look through and see where I've come from and where I hope to go! My name is pretty much always on one of the last pages of results (because I'm so slow), but the key thing is this: my name is actually on it and I'm participating rather than eating on the couch!
I wish I could hire you to "professionally" photograph my RKC, but I know it can't be done since Dragon Door holds that key!

lindsay said...

i really outta organize my photos on my computer... half of them aren't even labeled as to what month/year they are from. guess i have a sunday night project to get to!

Monica said...

You're endurance is improving! Keep up the runnin'.

Jillian.....augh!! The painmaker!!

MCM Mama said...

Good job on the run!

Thankfully, my photos are all organized and labelled by my husband. They are all in digital format, but backed up in multiple places, so I may never print them out...

Tricia said...

I SO needed this reminder.

maybe tomorrow.....

hehe :)