Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tagged, 7 Things About Me

 Claire at Take*Two has tagged me to do 7 fact about me.  Warning:  I may be the most boring person on earth and I struggled coming up with 7 facts.

1.  I am both OCD and ADD.  There are somethings that I can't rest until I have a resolution but most of the time I am easily distracted and can't finish a project to save my life.  Yes, I have been diagnosed and yes I should be on medication. 

2.  I really hate taking medication of any variety (even vitamins) and never remember to do it.

3.  I was more on the quiet side in high school (unless you knew me) and then fully came out of my shell in college.  People do not believe me when I tell them I was shy.

4.  I want to go to Europe.  I have never been.  I would love to see where my grandparents lived as well as visit some of the most popular sites.   Hmmmmm, I still need to get that passport.

5.  I love that my kids think it is cool that I run MILES and I love it even more when they brag about it to their friends.  Their stories usually involve me WINNING a race.

6.  I LOATHE being in photos but understand how important it is to pass along the memories.  I much prefer to be behind the camera.  I have thousands and thousands of photos of my kids but only a handful of pictures with me in them.  I am trying to be better about being in photos because it doesn't look like I exist in the family.

7. I have come to terms that I need to plan EVERYTHING.  I have to write it down or it doesn't get done.  Making obsessive lists is the only thing that will keep me on task (see #1).

Thanks for the tag! I am supposed to tag people but I think I am one of the last people in the blogosphere to do this list.  Consider yourself tagged if you haven't done it!

16 comments:

aron said...

love these :) i have to say i am pretty OCD and ADD myself!

teacherwoman said...

I am the same for #3 and #4! Too funny!

Emz said...

get the passport!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'd love it!!

Lindsey Feldpausch said...

I am not big on the medication thing either. I am with ya there.

Diana said...

OCD makes the world go 'round and 'round!

A&E has a program called "obsession" starting up in June all about OCD and stuff-like the Intervention and Hoarders shows-I love these shows. Makes me feel kind of "normal."
LOL

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

hehe these lists are always a blast. I love that your kids think your running is cool, what a great role model

Staci Dombroski said...

I just applied for my first passport yesterday! I want to go to Europe too :)

Tish said...

Interesting. Yes, get the passport. You can apply online. And I love your kids bragging about your running. And I'm the same way about pictures. I take 'em all the time, but hate to be in them. Maybe when I get closer to my goal weight . . .

Erica said...

I am a psychotic list maker and when I have crossed a few things off and it looks messy I have to re-write it. and then I end up adding things too it and there fore it never actually gets done! sigghhh

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Just don't go to Europe with your Mother-in-law, lol!

X-Country2 said...

I'm all abotu going to Europe too. SOme day FOR SURE.

Jenn said...

I just gave you the "I love your blog" award! Check it out and pass it on!

http://jennhigby.blogspot.com/

Thanks for making me laugh (with you, of course!) :)

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
Your list is great! I want to go to Europe too:) I think that I was a little ADD growing up and every now and then my kids tease me and tell me that I have it now:) Have a good one Carly!

Ris said...

Ah I also hate and am terrible about taking meds, don't tell my patients at the pharmacy that though!

RockStarTri said...

Thanks for sharing these facts. Very interesting!

SeeGirlRun said...

My daughter has ADD and it's usually genetic. I'm thinking maybe I have it too and have managed to come up with coping skills. Does being officially diagnosed with it do anything different or add anything? I'd say I'm slightly CDO (spelled alphabetically, as it should be) myself... We make awesome employees. Until we get sucked into googling for hours...... LOL