I stole this idea from Jen's blog and since I might be a good idea to focus on the good things today. Maybe it will break my funky mood.
10 Things I am Thankful for Today
1. My Brother- He came to help me out last night. I had the
mother of all migraines last night and ended up puking my guts out most of the evening. Of course I had to get sick while being a single parent. Chubby Hubby is on a business trip. I called my brother to see if he could come over because I could not function let alone take care of 3 kids. He dropped everything and brought an arsenal of stuff to make me feel better. He put my kids
to bed AND cleaned up my kitchen after my half-assed attempt to make dinner. Not only did he run the show....he stayed away from my open Facebook account on my computer. (he ALWAYS changes my status to say something about poop).
2. My kids- They were angels last night when I was sick. The TV bribe worked. I told them if they were good, I would let them watch TV until bedtime. Diva watched 3 hours of Dora the Explorer. The boys hunkered down in the basement watching some Disney shows. There was no whining, no complaining, and they were QUIET. I didn't win any Mother of the Year awards but they were happy and didn't mind that I was not entertaining them.
3. Dora the Explorer- Even though Dora annoys me more than anything (Swiper no Swiping), she got Diva to sit for more than
???!!!! They looked like dancing toys of the adult variety....Freaky.
<----------------Yo Gabba Gabba
4. Puking-I hit 10lbs lost this morning. Please don't burst my bubble telling me that I will gain it back when I drink a glass of water. Seeing 10lbs made my day.
5. Crappy Overpriced Soup- I am thankful for this because I will save $6 by never eating this crap again. I think it is the first meal in my life that I didn't finish. It is a great reminder to bring my lunch.
6. Game Rain Outs- I hate it that my kids can't play baseball/teeball tonight, however, they have games at the same time tonight at different fields. It is kind of a nightmare to be in two places at once. Luckily have have a lot of friends to take one of the kids to the game, but they both want me at their game. The rain solves this problem.
7. BioFreeze- My aching foot loves this stuff. (saying prayers that my date will Jillian didn't cause real damage)
8. My Crocs- They might be ugly, but I love my orange Mary-Janes! they are sooooo comfy and better yet, I can wear them to work. Don't judge me.
9. Fleece jackets- It is May and it is in the 40's and 50's. I am glad I didn't put away my trusty fleece jackets. It is COLD. Rumor has it, that it is supposed to be 80 next week. I will believe it when I see it.
10. Today- Chubby Hubby comes home tonight. Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!