Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I stole this idea from Jen's blog and since I might be a good idea to focus on the good things today.  Maybe it will break my funky mood.

10 Things I am Thankful for Today

1.  My Brother-  He came to help me out last night.  I had the
mother of all migraines last night and ended up puking my guts out most of the evening.  Of course I had to get sick while being a single parent.  Chubby Hubby is on a business trip.  I called my brother to see if he could come over because I could not function let alone take care of 3 kids.  He dropped everything and brought an arsenal of stuff to make me feel better.  He put my kids
to bed AND cleaned up my kitchen after my half-assed attempt to make dinner.  Not only did he run the show....he stayed away from my open Facebook account on my computer.  (he ALWAYS changes my status to say something about poop).

2.  My kids- They were angels last night when I was sick.  The TV bribe worked.  I told them if they were good, I would let them watch TV until bedtime.  Diva watched 3 hours of Dora the Explorer.  The boys hunkered down in the basement watching some Disney shows.  There was no whining, no complaining, and they were QUIET.  I didn't win any Mother of the Year awards but they were happy and didn't mind that I was not entertaining them.

3.  Dora the Explorer- Even though Dora annoys me more than anything (Swiper no Swiping), she got Diva to sit for more than
30 seconds. 
Ohhh.......on a side note what the HELL is Yo Gabba Gabba
???!!!!  They looked like dancing toys of the adult variety....Freaky.
<----------------Yo Gabba Gabba

4.  Puking-I hit 10lbs lost this morning.  Please don't burst my bubble telling me that I will gain it back when I drink a glass of water.  Seeing 10lbs made my day.


5.  Crappy Overpriced Soup-  I am thankful for this because I will save $6 by never eating this crap again.  I think it is the first meal in my life that I didn't finish.  It is a great reminder to bring my lunch.

6.  Game Rain Outs-   I hate it that my kids can't play baseball/teeball tonight, however, they have games at the same time tonight at different fields.  It is kind of a nightmare to be in two places at once.  Luckily have have a lot of friends to take one of the kids to the game, but they both want me at their game.  The rain solves this problem.

7.  BioFreeze- My aching foot loves this stuff.  (saying prayers that my date will Jillian didn't cause real damage)

8.  My Crocs-  They might be ugly, but I love my orange Mary-Janes!  they are sooooo comfy and better yet, I can wear them to work.  Don't judge me. 

9.  Fleece jackets- It is May and it is in the 40's and 50's.  I am glad I didn't put away my trusty fleece jackets.  It is COLD.  Rumor has it, that it is supposed to be 80 next week.  I will believe it when I see it.


10.  Today- Chubby Hubby comes home tonight.  Thank the Sweet Baby Jesus!!!!

29 comments:

Jamoosh said...

BioFreeze rocks the Casbah!

Ann said...

Game rain outs were always on my list replaced only by "I don't think I want to play this season" =)

Diana said...

We're never truly safe to put away the fleece until AFTER Memorial Day in these parts!!!

Feel better!

Sarah said...

Hope you are feeling better!!! Thank goodness for a great brother...you are a lucky girl! When I am sick I resort to the tv babysitter...ya gotta do, what you gotta do. Luckily it is rare I get sick. I think the kids secretly enjoy it, as it means a whole lot of tv for them :)

April said...

Love Biofreeze!! I use it on a lot of my massage clients! It gets great results!
I'm with you on Yo Gabba Gabba....who knows!
Yay for your hubby coming home!! Have a great night!!

Delane said...

I have no comment on the crocks!

Monica said...

TEN POUNDS!!!! Holy Moly!!!

Julianne said...

Lovely list!!!! :-)

Stacey said...

BioFreeze is great!
And I hate Yo, Gabba Gabba too! It has to be the stupidest show on tv or maybe it's Hip Hop Harry? It's a toss up. Glad your Hubby is coming home!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Great list! Love the crocs!

I hope you feel better!

MCM Mama said...

Hope you feel better soon! Glad your brother could help you out and that the hubby is coming home.

Emz said...

I'm with Jamoosh -- but don't tell him. I try never to agree with him! ;)

My bother would make my top 10 too!! LOVE BROTHERS!!

Megsie said...

What a bummer...hope you are feeling better. Yuck.

teacherwoman said...

Yay for 10 pounds! Congrats, girl!

hmm114 said...

I love "thankful" posts. Now tell me about BioFreeze!! What the heck is it? Hope you are feeling better!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

For a second, I thought you took a picture of your puke. That soup looks nasty.

I hope you feel better!

daysrun said...

I get migraines too! They suck! I ran a 1/2 once with one and I thought I was going to die. Found an ice pack on the back of my neck helps. Something to try.

Made me wish my family lived near me...only for a moment...now it's gone. Glad you're feeling better and all's well!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I like your list girl! I hope that you start to feel better soon:) Just remember your hubby is coming home soon!! Thank God sweet baby Jesus:)

SeeGirlRun said...

Is biofreeze like bengay? And it works more than just like a placebo? Crocs are ugly no matter who's wearing them. Sorry. Thought your soup was vomit. Even sorrier. But the way it lined up in the post gave me that initial impression. Couldn't for the life of me think WHY you would want to show us that. HOORAY FOR 10LBS LOST! And I'm showing my age but I had the same love/hate relationship with Barney the Purple Dinosaur.

Best of all, it's Friday, the start of a weekend!

Laura

P.S. Thanks for following me!

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

What a bummer being sick!!!! Love, love , love Dora. Hate, hate, hate Yo Gabba Gabba (I think the creators are on drugs. Aren't they from MN, lol?) So glad your hubby is coming home. Have a great weekend : )

Cathy said...

Love your list! Dora used to annoy the heck out of me too - I mean, really, how smart can this girl be if she can't see a bandit fox standing right behind her? Thanks for visiting my blog!

Heather said...

I hope we do get 80's next week . . . fingers crossed. :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Too funny about your brother and the facebook status'... have a great weekend, and hope you're back to 100% soon!

Lindsay said...

Love the list!

X-Country2 said...

BioFreeze is the nectur of the gods.

Simply Life said...

oooh beautiful list - I love the one about the soup! :)

Lori said...

LOL at the puking. We'll take whatever we can get, right?

What is yo gabba? I don't have children, so maybe that is a good thing?

Sherri said...

I need to loose 10 pounds! I don't care how...I just need to do it!! Now!
I have not tried Bio Freeze...but wondered...and now i think I will try it! =)

Lisa said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you are better soon.