Thursday, May 27, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.   I am tired from being a single parent this week as Chubby Hubby was traveling again for work.  I don't mind when he travels, however, it does make it crazy to schlep the kids to their activities and to / from school while he is gone.  Right now the kids are at 3 separate locations (in 3 cities no less) and I am officially sick and tired of driving around.  Two more weeks of school and then there will only be 2 stops!!

2.  Workouts were non-existent this week (see above).  Starting Monday, a traveling Chubby Hubby excuse is not going to hold up.  I will have to find a babysitter.

3.  I made a really great family friendly meal that was quick and easy.  I shall call it skillet tacos.  I browned some lean ground beef and seasoned it.  Added black beans, corn, and salsa.  Then served with a sprinkle of cheese and some tortilla strips.  The kids went nuts for it.  It was really quick to make and it was a great make ahead meal for these time crunched nights. 

14 comments:

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Superman is traveling this week, too. So I am a widow as well... sigh. I struggle with your #2 as well when he is gone. The tacos sound wonderful : )

MCM Mama said...

I'm a big believer in using a babysitter to run when the hubby travels. Keeps everyone happy and is worth every penny.

Heather said...

Busy week . . . hope you can get some workouts in this weekend!

Delane said...

Hope CH comes home soon.

I make tacos every Tuesday. Quick, easy, big flavor, can be low cal.

YUM!

Lindsay said...

Busy week girly!!! That skillet meal sounds yummo:)

Aka Alice said...

So happy my DH doesn't travel more than a day trip to LA...I'd never make it (I'm just not that good of a mom).

Erica said...

busy lady!

It is the single most important reason I try to keep my husband around...single parenting is tough...well and I love him and stuff but you know what I meant!

Megsie said...

I want the recipe for the skillet tacos...I know you listed ingredients, but I am a rule follower, how much of each? A can?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

My hat is off to you people who have more than one kid. (Also, my pants are off, but that has more to do with the ... um ... "art" site I was visiting just before I came (so to speak) here than it has to do with you, you'll be glad to know.)

Because I have a hard - WAIT FOR IT!1! - time dealing with just ONE kid, and he's ten!

That taco meal does sound good. It gets Teh Official Creepy Old Guy Seal of Approval!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I hope that you have a nice weekend:) You are a super star...my hats off to all of single parents...even if only for a few days:) I am so hungry and the tacos are sounding pretty darn good:)

Tish said...

Have a great holiday WE before jumping back into the exercise routine. Love the skillet taco recipe, our youngest (the only one left at home) would love it.

X-Country2 said...

Skillet tacos? Sound really good!

Tricia said...

hope you are enjoying your weekend!

SeeGirlRun said...

Oooo dinner sounds delicious. I may have to give it a go. Hub may end up with a job in Dallas and for a few years he'll be gone during the week and home most weekends. Yikes! He was gone this week and my schedule was a mess. Only ran twice so I know what you mean.

Laura