Monday, May 17, 2010

The Ultimate Runner-The Review

When I first started my blog, one of the first blogs I followed (and still do) was the Runners' Lounge Blog.
I love all the topics and the members range from brand-spanking new weekend warriors to seasoned ultra marathoners.  When I heard that Tom Green and Amy Hunold-VanGundy had published a book, was really excited to read it.

The book is a great mix of real runner stories and tips from the experts.  The stories run the gamut of why and how people find it within themselves to lace up their shoes and pound the pavement.  The stories are entertaining and motivational.

The expert advice was great and covered most of the hot topics.  Owning a lot of running books, the expert advice was a bit of a refresher for me.  It was all stuff that I had read before, nevertheless, it was a good reminder.....especially the topic of injuries.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book.  The stories both made me laugh and made me tear up.  I even recognized a couple of  fellow bloggers that I follow on a regular basis who had shared their stories.  If you are looking for a good summer read or perhaps a gift for a loved on that is a runner, this gets a Chubby Chick two thumbs up.  I think if you are a runner of any type, you will enjoy this book.

Disclaimer:  I received a copy of this book, however, all opinions are my own.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I need to do my review too. Have a great week!

Emz said...

thanks for sharing this! I have been looking for a good running book!!!

Thanks!

Tricia said...

thanks for the review!

Tish Oliver said...

I love books. Thanks for the review of this one; it looks like a keeper. Of course, it's always easier for me to sit down and read about running rather than putting on my shoes and heading down the trail . . .

Jess said...

Thanks for the review!

Heather said...

Looks like a great book, thanks for the review. Also, just caught up on your last post - keep running, I am looking forward to seeing you in October! :)