Monday, May 31, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up, Memorial Day Weekend Lessons

  • Running at noon in the heat is not a smart idea.  A plan of running six miles can turn into 3 brutal ones.
  • Drinking Beergaritas in the afternoon makes the rest of the day's to-do list null and void.
  • Never turn down a party that has a bounce house for the children.
  • Learned that our neighborhood with no kids actually has a ton of kids....again, never turn down a party with a bounce house.
  • Backyard camping is the best....especially if you get the s'mores but not have to sleep outside (hahaha Chubby Hubby!)
  • Cussing children eventually build up a tolerance for hot sauce and even request certain ones.
  • Learned to never ever leave my Blackberry out where my brother can get his hands on it to change my Facebook status.  So, No my nipples do not hurt and no I have not learned my lesson from the last time he changed it to tell the world I had to poop.
  • Never vow to stop drinking on a holiday....peer pressure always makes me cave.
  •  I can burn 806 calories by doing the Jillian Michaels Boost Your Metabolism DVD and that I am sore in places I never knew I could be sore.
  •  Summer is not officially kicked off until you have a BBQ with good friends.
  • Stuffed jalapeno burgers are awesome even if they split when you cook them....even better when shared with friends and family.
  • That there are now 18 short little weeks between me and my marathon.  Hello schedule!!!
Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend.  Most important, THANK YOU to all of our armed forces for your service.

17 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Your running though sounds miserable. Yeah for your training starting, good luck with it :)

Sarah said...

Haha....love it! Sounds like a great weekend!

Tish said...

LOL! I re-learned that little lesson about trying to run in the hot and muggy. Amen.

Courtney said...

Cussing children eventually build up a tolerance for hot sauce and even request certain ones.

LMAO

Erica said...

sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Diana said...

My son talks like a "truck driver", which he definitely got from his Mother, and he LOVES spicy things!
Hmmmm, imagine that!

James said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Good luck with the training!

Delane said...

I'm having an O-SHIT only 9 weeks till the 1/2 moment myself. Must.start.training this week.

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Staci Dombroski said...

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!! What is a beergarita????

Stacey said...

Thanks for always making me laugh! I love the "cussing children eventually build up a tolerance for hot sauce and request certain ones..." That is hilarious! Sounds like a great weekend!

Megsie said...

See, now I was feeling sorry for your nipple. :)

Pam said...

If you start drinking your beergaritas in the MORNING instead of waiting around until the AFTERNOON, it works even more magic on your day's plans. :)

Monica said...

Thanks for the lesson taught about the blackberry. I definately have a brother that would do something like that.

Sounds like you need to find a new "remedy" to stop the cussing. :)

Great post

Jamoosh said...

Woo hoo - summer has offically kicked off!

Heather said...

What a fun weekend! A no, running at noon in the heat is not a good idea!

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I love that Dads get to sleep in the tent and mom get the bed : )

Mel-2nd Chances said...

I totally figured the nipple post was your brother again. too funny!