Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up, Mother's Day

This past week was kind of a wash as far as running goes.  I made a really really dumb move doing the Jillian Michaels DVD barefoot on my hard basement floor and I think I screwed a few muscles up in my foot.  I ran on Tuesday night and that was it.  The rest of the week was just walking, pilates, and icing my foot.  I really need to invest in a pair of cross-trainer shoes because my old stability shoes just don't cut it doing these other workouts.  After a few days of inactivity the foot is feeling better.

It ended up being a great week to take it easy because the baseball games have started, the kids were sick, my friend had a baby, and the weather was shitty.  We had snow in May.  Snow.  If we didn't love our family and friends so much, we would have a for sale sign up in the front yard and we would be headed south!!!!  Tuesday when I did run, I ran in a tank top and shorts and by Thursday I was looking for my winter jacket.  These photos were taken on our way up to Duluth.  Ugh.....depressing.  At least it is gone now.


When we got to Duluth, we celebrated Chubby Hubby's birthday!  He got the Shake Weight.
Below is a demo in case you have never had the pleasure of seeing this thing in action.
It was the subject of sick jokes and hours of entertainment for the whole family.  At least I can say it works.  Man, my arms and chest are really sore!

I am not sure how this happened, we are all smiling and looking at the camera.


Mother's Day was wonderful!  Chubby Hubby, my dad, and my brother waited on my mom and I hand and foot.  We woke up and spent the morning in the hot tub with mimosas and then had a fabulous home-cooked brunch.  I am in a food and drink coma, but it was worth it.
Saffie was hanging in the hot tub with us



A couple of quick snapshots of some of two of my favorite ladies, my mom and my Baba (grandma).  Baba was looking through my photos on the camera and said "Whoa....you look really chubby, I didn't recognize you".   Ahhhh......thanks.  Gotta love it.

Last night when we came home from our trip, I sat down and wrote out a detailed schedule for the week.   Chubby Hubby is going to be traveling soon and I will need to be uber-organized (not my strong suit).  I was able to schedule my workouts but if I miss these scheduled opportunites I am out of luck so that is a little more motivation to just get them done.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!  Happy Monday!

16 comments:

Jen said...

I lvoe the hair cut... I missed that reveal!

Happy Mother's Day to you too... hot tubs sounds nice.

I relaxed and it was GREAT!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

haha, gotta love Grandma's! heehee. That ShakeWeight thing cracks me up. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

Stacey said...

Grandmas and kids just always say exactly what is on their minds..gotta love their honesty. Glad you had a great day!

Lisa said...

The dog seems to be enjoying her drink. LOL. That's what it look like in that photo by the hot tub...

Happy Mothers Day.

When does marathon training start? Is it soon?

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

The girl infront of me in line at Walgreens yesterday was buying a shake weight! I laughed, and then wondered if maybe it really DOES work!

Jamoosh said...

That is one chill dog!

SeeGirlRun said...

Wow - you got some great pictures! Nice looking family. I had to get cross trainers too. Running shoes apparently only offer support with front to back motion. Not side to side.

The mimosos sound divine. Happy Mother's day a bit late.

Laura

Megsie said...

Happy Mother's Day *one day late* Sounds like you had a great one :)

Diana said...

Love the dog photo with the drink!
Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day!
We had some light snow here today-what a crock! But I'd rather have shit weather now than this coming weekend!
Have a good week!

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Wasn't that snow crazy! I was not happy about that on Friday! It is supposed to cold and crappy this week, too... Nice pictures, you have such a nice family! And honestly, chubby? I wouldn't say that at all> Glad you had a nice Mother's Day : )

Al's CL Reviews said...

I love the dog/mimosa pic.

Sounds like a great day for you!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great mother's day! I love the family photo! Too cute!

Sarah said...

It snowed here yesterday! The kids were shocked...last weekend they were wearingtank tops! Crazy weather! Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

Delane said...

Nothing like a vibrating weight to get you in shape. LOL

Glad you had a nice mothers day!

Jess said...

We're going to MN at the end of the montha dn I am practically in a panic over what to pack. It will be in the 90s here when we leave and in MN? I have no clue! I guess I'll just pack everythign from summer-wear to winter-wear and hope we never have to pull out the winterish stuff.

Glad you had a happy mother's day!

RockStarTri said...

Feel better. Stories like that make me can't even imagine the folks that are doing barefoot running.

The real question is how many drinks did Saffie have?