Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up-A Trip Down Memory Lane

This photo project I decided to take on is WAY bigger than I thought.   Thankfully, I have some pretty sweet software to speed up the organization.  However,  I didn't get very far on Saturday night because I kept looking at photos in disbelief wondering how time can go so fast.  I am currently working on the year 2005 and I came across a this photo of my boys at ages 1 and 3.  They are now almost 6 and almost 8!!!
And I can't forget Diva, hard to believe that she is almost 3!


As I was organizing some other photo stuff today, I also came across this:


A long time ago I had started putting a quasi-scrapbook together of all the races I have done.  I had photos and my bibs from the races as well as a mini race report (ancient blogging).  I was really fun to look back on those stories.  I have a few more to add to the book!  The photo above was my first race ever, Twin Cities Marathon in 2001.  Seeing this and reading my recap made me really excited for my summer of training (I will re-read this sentence come August).

Aside from sitting by the computer today looking at photos, I really didn't accomplish anything.  Chubby Hubby and I took the kiddos to the park this morning and did a very short walk.   That was it.  I didn't have much in the tank as far as energy goes so I chalked it up to a rest day.  Tomorrow morning I have a date with Jillian!

20 comments:

Megsie said...

Oh, what sweet babies! Time does go fast doesn't it? It just seems slow in the moment. Your first race being a marathon is still amazing to me. Most people work up to that. But you are not "most people" are you?

Missy said...

Hell, I can't believe it's MAY already, time flies! Memory lane is fun.

Monica said...

Cute, cute pictures!!! To bad it's not a Lunch date with Jillian. Have fun!

James said...

I also have tons of photos I need to organize. I've been pretty good with organizing the last couple of years, but before that, it's a huge jumbled mess. It's almost more daunting to think of organizing them than it is to train for a marathon!

SeeGirlRun said...

You have been a posting fiend lately!!! I was organized all of the recipes I've printed or cut out over that past 20 years. Threw lots away (like the recipes you accept from friends because you don't want to hurt their feelings). I also printed out on my cookbook paper some recipes I've made and really like. I usually cook something, love it, and can never find the recipe again.

I've avoiding the pictures until I get a decent scanner. Most of mine are print....

I love it when stuff is organized. All is right with the world.

Laura

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

What cute pictures! You are brave to take on that big project, organizing photos is one of my downfalls as well. It sounds like you had a GREAT run on Saturday and I am really excited to follow your training for the TC as well!

MCM Mama said...

Sweet pictures!

My son started putting together a race scrapbook for me, but we both got burned out - I run too many races LOL.

Staci Dombroski said...

Such adorable pictures!!! I hope you have a great week!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
How fun that must of been looking back at those pictures of your kids and your old racing memories:) I have to start doing something like that...keeping my bibs organized and recording race facts. It would be nice to have something that is not on the computer!

Heather said...

What cute pictures of your kiddos. I can't believe that Sophie is already almost three . . . where does the time go?

Isn't it fun to look at old race stuff? Definitely inspiring. :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Great pics and love the new blog background! :)

Megan said...

That scrap book is a way better idea than just stuffing them in my sock drawer

Emz said...

Love your blog - happy to have found it!!

Running Diva Mom said...

Just found you -- looking forward to following your journey :-)

Great blog title, BTW!!

Stacey said...

It really is amazing how fast they grow up! Sad, really!
I like the new look of your blog.

teacherwoman said...

Such sweet photos of the youngin's when they were littler. :)

I would love to find a clever way to organize my race bibs, photos, and race reports! I have plenty to do too!

lifestudent said...

Brooke is only 1 1/2 and we (hubby and I) always looks at her "baby" photos and talk about the changes. Just a picture taken a few months ago looks so dramatically different than she does today.

Dont get yourself into watching old videos, thats a real time sucker ;)

good luck on the photo organization. 5 years cant be easy (since I cant even organize a vacations-worth of photos)

Jess said...

I have a box labled "running" in which I have been tossing race bibs, programs, pics, and other runnign memoribilia in for...um...about 5 years now. I keep meaning to "do" soemthing with it, but so far? Nada.

Julianne said...

Organizing photos take me forever! I think I enjoy the trips down the memory lane more than the actual organizing itself. Oh I really want to start a scrap book of all my races, too. Well, maybe AFTER the photo organizing. :-)

X-Country2 said...

I should do something more organized with my race stuff. A book is a great idea.