Instead of doing something productive, I will blog about my run.
I just felt like I had to pat myself on the back for my run today. I was scheduled to run 5 miles but due to time constraints I ran almost 3 miles. But I ran them fast (relatively speaking of course). I even had a WHOLE mile where my pace was in the 9 (and then some) minute range. It was hard because this is a way faster pace than I am used to and at 3PM the weather hot for running. I know I pushed myself hard because I almost threw up after a the workout. In my opinion, it was a sign of a job well done.
There were several times I wanted to quit but refused. I was at Lake Nokomis and I had plenty of things to keep my mind off of running pain. There is no shortage of entertainment at this lake!! Here are just a few of the things that I encountered:
- The Unibomber's twin brother
- A dog taking a dump in the lake (EWWWWW that kind of kills the desire for an open water swim)
- Girls biking in bikinis
- Girls biking in bikinis with a body parts that should be covered hanging out
- Girls biking in bikinis that should take an honest girlfriend shopping. An honest girlfriend would not let them buy that swim suit!!!!!
- More swimwear that people should not have been wearing
- A couple getting it on (fully clothed at the point I saw them).....out in the wide open
Speaking change of scenery....I had better get back to work and hope my focus returns.