Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bitter, Party of One

What was supposed to happen:
  • Work until 2:30 and then run a few errands
  • Do 4 mile training run
  • Babysitter to come at 6PM
  • Chubby Hubby and I were to enjoy a pre-Twins Game cocktail
  • Enjoy Twins Game 2 rows behind the team dugout
  • Come home to 3 sleeping kids and a sitter that could drive herself home

What really happened:
  • Left work at 11AM with fires still burning on my desk
  • Cleaned up 7 Diva vomits
  • Changed clothes 2 times because of vomit
  • Washed 6 loads of laundry
  • Did not do my errands
  • Did not run
  • Did not go to the Twins Game
  • Thought about drinking at 2:30 this afternoon (I resisted)
  • Currently eating stale McDonalds cheeseburger and a luke warm beer for dinner while watching for Chubby Hubby and my son on TV.
I am whining and feeling sorry for myself.  I am disappointed that our plans were shaken up by sick kids but I am used to this kind of thing happening.   It all come with being a parent.   I am most disappointed that I didn't get my run in tonight.  ***gasp*** Did I just say that???  Yes, I am feeling worn out and pissy.  I really could use some endorphins right now.  Scratch that.  I have moved on to beer.  But I really like myself better when there is exercise involved.  Again....did I just say that?

Anyway, that is enough of my pity party for tonight. I am off to do something productive like read blogs and stalk people on Facebook do a laundry and  pack for this weekend.

22 comments:

Carly said...

What a bummer! I would totally be pissy about it too. There's nothing worse than a let-down. :-(

James said...

Sorry your evening didn't go as planned. Sometimes it sucks having kids. But mostly it's awesome. Just gotta deal with the bad. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

RockStarTri said...

Imagine if they get a foul ball?


My word verification was "fries" - can't make that up.

MCM Mama said...

Bummer! I hope everyone feels better soon and you get a nice run in. Can you run during lunch tomorrow?

Tish said...

My comment to your last post didn't reflect any of the empathy I feel for you. Sorry about your day. I hope the sun comes out tomorrow, everybody's better, and you get your run and all's right with your world. (and the fires haven't burned a hole in your desk)

Anonymous said...

Waaaaaaaa!

Just think of how much these kids will owe you in your waning years...it'll be endless!!!!

In truth, I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned, especially the warm beer!

Lily

Megsie said...

Oh my gosh. I hope I didn't jinx you this morning. I would be bitter too. I hope you get a chance to go to the twinkies game again...I am so sorry!

The Jogger Blogger said...

Poor thing! Hopefully tomorrow will be better for you! (And Diva!)

Lisa said...

I hope your kids feel better soon!

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

H Love said...

so sorry! that stinks! perk up and have another beer....I mean do another load of laundry! Hope your little one feels better soon.

Monica said...

Barnacles!!! That just stinks!!

Praying for a HEALTHY weekend!
Good Luck girl!

Aka Alice said...

You have a way better reason to rant and be bitter than I do right now...so I'll go back and revise my post :-)

Hang in there.

Charbelle said...

Aww I hope she feels better soon! I hope you get a wonderful run in next time!

Claire said...

sorry you're night got bagged...kids do that sort of thing....good thing they're so loving and respectful to make up for such antics...HA!

Marlene said...

Oh what a crappy day! I hope today is better.

Pam said...

Aaaaaaand that's why I have dogs instead of kids. Although they can be just as bad at times! :)

funderson said...

bummer!!!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Wow, I would be so spent too!!! I would be having the biggest pity party ever, tomorrow will be a better day!!

Meg said...

Aww, that sucks. It's a double whammy when things go wrong and you don't get that time to yourself to exercise. Hope things have been looking up since this post!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

awwww that sucks! poor little one for starters but then it's clearly not fun for you either!

i hope you get out for that run soon...um especially after the burger

Tricia said...

bummer

Al's CL Reviews said...

Boo! That sucks.