Thursday, June 17, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  Thanks for listening to me whine about my sick kiddos.  It truly was exhausting but I think everyone is on the mend.  I am happy to say that my son had a blast with Chubby Hubby.  He came home with one of those over-sized foam fingers and left over peanuts.  It was hard to stay disappointed when I saw how happy he was.  Chubby Hubby DVRed the game and just to see if they made it on TV....they did!  The Twins won and my laundry got DONE (that is something that NEVER happens).

2.  Currently we are under a tornado watch and we are expecting some severe weather tonight.  I think I may be banished to the basement to do a Jillian video instead of getting a run in outside.  I must swing by the store for severe weather supplies (beer and wine) in case we are stuck in the basement.  The weather may also put a damper on baseball and tee-ball tonight.  My poor kids have gotten screwed this season by Mother Nature.  They have had more rain outs than games. 

3.  We are getting ready to head north for Grandma's marathon.  I am hoping to meet some fellow bloggers as well as see some of my friends in Duluth cross the finish line.  My girlfriend from Arizona (also my partner in crime for Twin Cities Marathon) is visiting her parents and I roped her into some finish line work too.  It should be a fun day and the weather is supposed to be nice.  If you are running or there to watch, look for me and come say hi!  

Grandma's a really fun beautiful race.  I might be a tad biased as Duluth is my hometown (as well as Kara Gouchers). 

17 comments:

Marlene said...

I hope the weather doesn't get to nasty. Have fun at Grandma's!

Emz said...

Hope Kara will BE THERE!!!??

Have fun at Grandma's!! [I loved just writing that]. :)

Happy to hear the kiddos are on the mend.

Delane said...

Have fun. I've heard from all the people at whistlestop that Grandmas is a great race.

Sarah said...

Hope everyone continues on the mend. Love your emergency supplies!!

Jess said...

Have fun at Grandma's! I've always wanted to do that one!

teacherwoman said...

Glad the Twins won last night, but was disappointed today, especially since I was able to watch it this afternoon!

We had some pretty nasty weather here in the Red River Valley, too. rain, flooding, winds, funnel clouds, tornadoes... etc!

Monica said...

I'm such a dork. I know you've mentioned Grandma's Marathon in previous posts, but reading this one, for a couple of seconds I thought,"Damn! Her Grandmother runs Marathons???"

Glad the kids are feeling better! Enjoy your weekend and stay safe from the weather.

Heather said...

Have fun this weekend! I wish I was going to be up there. :)

Diana said...

Have a great time and hope to meet up with you in a few weeks!

Julie said...

I will be looking for you at the finish line:)

Megsie said...

You are way nicer than I am, I rejoice when baseball or softball is canceled! I am so glad your kiddos are feeling better! Have fun in Duluth :) The next marathon you will be the one running! Yikes!

bobbi said...

Duluth is my homeown too! I hope you have a great time, and I'm so glad that the sickness has left your home rather quickly (and that your son had a great time at the game)!

Jamoosh said...

I ran in Duluth once (twice!) does that count for anything. Have a great weekend.

misszippy said...

Have a fun weekend at Grandma's! Spectating can be as fun as running, I think.

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Have FUN at Grandma's! Soccer practice was canceled here, too last night. Ummm...bummer?

Matty B. said...

Kick some butt at Grandmas! A good-deal jelous.

Cathy said...

Love your "severe weather" supplies...that's exactly what I would want if the weather turned bad!