Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Summer Vacation!

Welcome Summer! It is officially here in our house because the boys finished up the school year last Friday.   No more drop off in 3 separate locations!!!   It has been a busy week and there is too much to recap...even for bullets.  Here is a quick rundown....


Long Run PSA:
Map out a route prior to heading out on a long run or your 7 mile run will become almost a 9 mile run. Yes, I did almost two extra miles on my long run on Saturday.  To my shock and awe, I did it in 1:37, my fastest long run average pace yet. 

How did 7 turn into almost 9?  I turned onto Minnehaha Parkway (a beautiful place to run if you are in the area) but it twists and turns and when I finally came up to a street I recognized, I was all turned around.  It is quite humorous considering I do know the area the back of my hand....I just never ran that part of the parkway before.  The good news is that it was perfect running weather and I felt great.  It was a great surprise and I rewarded myself with a cold one of these:


Jillian (She should drop her last name because EVERYONE knows her):
Looking for a new way to torture yourself? 
No More Trouble Zones is the workout for you!  I thought that there could not be anything worse than Shred.  Well, I was wrong.  This woman is crazy!  This DVD made me say words that would make my mother cry (and nothing shocks her)!  During one point of the workout there were tears rolling down my face.  It is one thing to get the dry heaves, but this one made. me. cry.  It was during the move called "Surrenders".  It was as bad as it sounds.

My friend Leah lent me this DVD to try.  I hated it so much that I went right out and bought it.  It will be a great cross training tool and if I keep it up I might even see my abs without plastic surgery.

 
Grandmas Marathon:
Running Grandmas or the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon? Look for me!!! I will be at the finish line handing out medals to the finishers for both the half marathon and the full marathon. Also, Chubby Hubby and my oldest son will be helping hand out t-shirts. I am very excited to have such a fun job handing out the hard earned bling. My son is also over the moon to be helping out at such a big event. He wanted to know if he got a t-shirt (yes he does and even a finish line security pass). I think someone is going to have a cool show and tell when school starts up again. Ha!

Today
Today's cross training included level one of Shred, a 5 mile walk with BFF, and tending to a fevery, puking baby Diva.  It is summer, shouldn't this crud be done by now??  I am looking forward to catching up on all of your blogs.  I have been reading some, but I haven't had the brainpower to comment.  

20 comments:

Heather said...

Nice job on the long run, that's awesome! I did the no trouble zones on Friday - I had forgotten how hard it was. I had to sit down for a good 45 minutes afterwards because I couldn't lift my arms to wash my damn hair.

I am totally addicted to Summer Shandy too . . . they had 12 packs on sale at the liquor store in Forest Lake for $11.99 - I may have filled the back of the Escape. :)

Sarah said...

Wow...2 extra miles on the long run...way to go!! Have fun at the race...handing out medals sounds like the best job to me. :)

H Love said...

I have to check out the Jillian videos. you are doing great!!

Megsie said...

Hope your baby girl gets better fast! And how lovely to do NINE miles by mistake. Wow.

Carly said...

Way to go on the run!

I love Jillian and that work out video. Although now that you mention it, I don't like the surrenders either. Oh well.

Tish said...

TWO extra mile to an already admirably long run? Wow! I'm pretty wimpy. If I'm going to run a new route, I 'preview' it in the car, checking it out for distance and hidden hills. LOL

Lisa said...

GREAT job on your long run. That rocks!

Pam said...

I thought I was the only one who did that! Why is it everything looks so different on foot rather than in car???

Hollie said...

I have the same Jillian DVD and I agree... Surrender's really suck! And, like you, while doing this video for the first time I said words and called Jillian names that would make a sailor blush!

Good job on rockin' out your long run!

Monica said...

Enjoy your summer!! Hope Diva feels better soon.

Tony The Pink Panda said...

I might be at grandma's marathon too. Should be a good time.

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Ok, now I am even more bummed that I am not doing Grandma's!!! Have fun, make sure to post pictures : )

Great job on the 9 mile run, awesome long run!

Hope Baby Diva is feeling better soon...yuck!

Jess said...

That Lenienkugal's Summer Shandy must be the state beer of MN. EVERYone was drinking it when we were there. It is refreshing!

Delane said...

Great job on the run!!!

LOL at Jillian, I've never done any of her DVDs but I think I might have to try one.

Tricia said...

great job on the run!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

That's amazing that you "accidentally" ran two extra miles - just shows what amazing shape you are in!!

I know your kids are glad school is out. You guys go late - we are done mid-May here.

lindsay said...

Nice on the longer long run! I have never had that problem... planning out my routes or not. Somehow I always end up making it shorter ;-)

LOL about and without plastic surgery. The Jillian DVDs always get good reviews out in the blog world--I should get one but still haven't!

Emz said...

Yay on the run!

AND

YAY for the "reward"!!


Hope Diva is feeling better?!

Sherri said...

Great long run!
I look forward to running Grandmas...one of these year...soon!
I am going to try that video...with 5 kids, I rely on good videos...thanks for the recommendation!
I hate when my little ones aren't feeling well, I hope she is well soon!

Kate said...

"I hated it so much that I had to go right out and buy it". Hilarious.

Reading your blog backwards...so good luck with the sick kiddos. Hope all the sick ones are better quickly and the well ones stay that way!