Friday, July 30, 2010

Back to Reality (Almost)

Last night was our last night of kid freedom.  Tonight we head north to get them and our jobs as parents will resume.  To be honest, I am missing them a lot.  To be really honest, I cherished every moment they were gone.  The week flew by for us but it was great to have such a nice break.  Thanks Mom and Dad!

We went out more this week than we have in the last 6 months.  We usually are too cheap to pay a babysitter $10-15 bucks an hour to watch our children that are usually in bed.  We normally really enjoy hanging out at home.  This week we tried new a couple newrestaurants and visited a fav, hung out with good friends, and played a little golf.   We did a lot of eating and drinking. It could not have had a better week, well, maybe if we didn't have to work.  We had quite a streak and I don't even want to assess the caloric damage.  All I am saying is my pants are a little snug today.  It was totally worth it though! 

Running this week has been rough.  I haven't been feeling great.  I have had no zip and my legs have been feeling like lead.  I went out a couple of times but didn't cover anywhere near the mileage that was scheduled.   I took a lot of walk breaks and then eventually gave up all together.  As it turned out, I got me a Summer cold.  Stuffy nose, muscle aches, and a sore throat.  Wonderful.  Chubby Hubby got it as well.  It came on yesterday.  I passed up my scheduled run last night while feeling like this but there was no way in hell I was letting a kid free night go to waste. We headed out for a beer and a burger instead.  A girl has to have her priorities.  I am chugging Airborne and resting up to get back into it.

I am looking forward to the weekend and seeing my kiddos. I am sure they have been crying the whole time because they have been so bored.  They look like they are having a horrible time!  Ha!!


Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Charbelle said...

So awesome that ya'll have had such a great week!! Your kids are so cute!! That pool pic is awesome!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, you can't even blame the kids for the SUMMER cold!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Glad the week was great! LOL that you got a cold when the kids weren't there!

MCM Mama said...

Glad you had a nice week. Sorry it had to end with a cold.

Totally LOL at that first picture. My kids "swim" in my parents' hot tub too.

Megsie said...

Still. So. Jealous. Too bad you get them back for the weekend! I guess that might be too much of a good thing. Hope you feel better, summer colds suck!

Diana said...

Welcome back to the world of parenting!!
Did you ever try that velvet antler? I have not been sick in over 2.5 years! Just saying!
Enjoy the kids being home again!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
Oh, it would be so great to be kid free for a week! I would most likely start to miss them after a day or two:) It sounds like you had a great time doing all sorts of fun things!

Happy weekend!

Tish said...

Happy reunion. I hope your cold goes away soon. It's no fun to try to run with a cold.

n8v_running said...

I would give my left nipple to have my parents take all four of my kids for a week.
so glad you got some great love time! lol