Thursday, July 15, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  My run was postponed by Mother Nature last night.  The "feels like" temp was 101 degrees and that is way too hot for this cold blooded Minnesota girl.  I couldawouldashoulda done Shred or some other Jillian workout, but opted to hang with the family and attack my mountain of laundry instead.

2.  I signed up for a gym. Yeah, Yeah...I realize I just QUIT one gym.  I only quit because the only time I could go was at lunch and we all know those workout were not going to happen.  The new gym is right by my house, BFF has a membership, and it is UBER cheap.  They have hours that I will be able to use it.  As much as I hate running on the treadmill, it is a nice option to have when temps swing to the extremes. 

3.  I am slightly freaking out about my upcoming 12 mile run on Saturday.  It seems like a long long way and it is not even HALF of what I am going to be running in October.  I will do it and I will live to tell about it but these long runs are when my mind starts going crazy with doubt.  I kind of wish I had a running group to help get me through them. But I don't, so you guys have to listen to my whining concerns with training.

Have a great day everyone!  I hope get caught up on some blog stalking soon.

22 comments:

bobbi said...

YES YES YES to number 3...I'm spending so much energy psyching myself out and doubting myself lately. :( I too wish I had a running group to distract me from the task at hand. But we CAN do this. We CAN.

And yay! on the gym - so freakin hot lately I'm wishing for a treadmill too.

Charbelle said...

Having the gym membership is what gets me through the thunderstorms, extreme heat and extreme cold. Plus when you use the treadmill you can make it work for you. It's technically easier to run on a treadmill because the belt pulls you and there are shocks so it's not as hard on your body as pavement running (which is why it's important to still run outside too) but what I do is start off, then bump up my speed after 10 minutes, then after another 10 I bump it up depending on how long I'm planning to run (usually 30-40 is the most I can stand on a treadmill) I bump it up one more time or if it's just 30 I start bumping the speed faster and faster about every 2 minutes making myself run as hard as possible before the cool down. Usually by this point I'm feeling good and needing a distraction to get me through the last part!
I hope you won over the pile of the laundry!! Have a great day!!

Sarah said...

You can do it!!! I find that the biggest thing that holds me back during my long runs is my mind. Stay positive!!

Marlene said...

I hear you on the weather. I do not cope well with these sizzling temps. :/

Sounds like a great opportunity at the new gym!!

Good luck on that 12 miler. Don't look too far ahead... just a mile at a time!

Michelle said...

Think positive thoughts about your run! you can and WILL do it :)

Jamoosh said...

Your run will go by so fast you'll be saying, "12 miles...pffft!"

Heather said...

It got ridiculously hot late yesterday afternoon. I melted on the golf course.

If you ever want to have company for a long run for TC, just let me know . . . I'm always up for a change of location. :)

Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Middle Name Marie said...

My friend just moved up north from the lower Midwest--sorry to say she might have brought the scorching temps with her! Glad your friend has a membership at the same gym, that always make it easier to go.

Tish said...

OMG! So sorry. Looks like I clicked about 12 times trying to get the post to take. I was able to delete the first few, but then the option went away. Well, at least your stats will be awesome.LOL

Jess said...

But getting the long run done will fill you with confidence! That's the way of them: dread them, fear them, conquer them, and then feel awesome about them. You'll rock that 12 miler, no probs.

teacherwoman said...

I think, for me, having a gym membership is a necessity - given where we live. The midwest has some extreme weather and I hate running in extremely cold temps or extremely hot temps.

Delane said...

You'll do great.