Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday's Attention Deficit Mind Dump

I can't seem to focus today.  At all.

Thoughts occur in real time.
  • I kind of liked my gym workout last night.  Elliptical machine, 30 minutes and I sweat like a whore in church.
  • I forgot to tell middle son's teacher that he is not allowed in the pool today because of the stitches in his head. (don't ask....annual injury)
  • Oh....no pool today.  They are on a field trip....no worries
  • Oh...I just got an email from Sarge.
  • She is so wise!!!  I miss her.
  • Oh My God, I am never going to transition into one job.
  • I will not worry about it right now, I have a Chipotle bowl to chow down.
  • I will have to run at least 5 miles tonight rather than the 3 I had planned to burn part of this off.
  • I have a tension headache....on day two
  • The Advil and caffeine are doing nothing.  I think I need narcotics.
  • OMG...my half marathon is in 18 days.
  • OMG...I also have the kids' birthday party in 18 days.
  • Was it a good idea to plan a party for three kids on the same day that I run a half marathon?
  • Where is a paper bag?
  • It will be fine.
  • In 5 days and I kid free for a week.  Thanks mom and dad!
  • Grad School.
  • Why am I thinking about grad school?  I have enough on my plate.
  • But really grad school?  It would be a shame not to take advantage of an almost free education.
  • Oh no, it is time to go back to work already.
  • Why do lunch hours go by so quick?

14 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

A whore in church................ LOL

James said...

you sound like me. I've always got about 20 things running through my head at once. Personally though, I like it. When my mind is calm, I'm not.

Jamoosh said...

Mmmm, Chipotle!

bobbi said...

You crack me up - seriously, do you live inside my head??

(and dude - you are insane planning that party on the day of your half! why do we do things like that to ourselves?!? but you'll do great, and make sure you have all day the next day to lay around and nap and be waited on while you kids play with all their new stuff!)

Charbelle said...

LOL!!! You're not crazy to have the party on the same day as your 1/2. It keeps you moving and this means less soreness!!!

teacherwoman said...

I am doing grad school, and it's pretty much paid for through a traineeship program through the state... even though it's free, I am still questioning myself as to why I am doing it. It's consuming my summer! LOL

We ALL have a little bit of ADHD!

Emz said...

So THAT'S why I sweat in church?!?!

You are awesome!

Jess said...

An HM and 3 kid parties on the same day? Woman, you need more than Advil and coffee!

Megsie said...

Wow. You could have my brain! Yes to grad school. But, I love school. I would go all the time if it were free. And "Sweating like a whore in church" made me laugh out loud. Adding it to my phrases. Thank you. And, by the way, you are CRAZY planning a birthday party the same day as your half marathon. But it will be fine.

Monica said...

Cool on the Grad school. I just began mine this month. What are you wanting to study and more important....how is it almost free?!?!

Tish said...

Hope you mind is calm and uncluttered now. No, don't have the BD party the same dat--bad idea. Voice of experience, here.

Erica said...

breathe in...breath out....and repeat

Meg said...

Tee hee, this sounds like my mind at two in the morning, most mornings! I like to refer to it as the hampster wheel syndrome...it just keeps going and going.
Two questions: Stitches in the head? and Are you sure you want to tackle grad school right now?
Cute blog! I'm a new follower!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
You are so funny! This post made me smile...I am the queen of random thoughts:)

What half marathon are you running?

Funny about the grad school...there is no doubt in my mind that you could do it:) I just took the last two terms off due to running and burn out. It was a wise choice for me. Good luck with whatever you plan to do:)