Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up, Independence Rocks!

The Independence Rocks party that has become an annual event at our house may "rock", but the hangover certainly does not.  Three nights of very little sleep, lots of tasty but bad for you food, and copious amounts of alcohol really took its toll on me.  I had so much fun that I forgot (ignored) that I am TRAINING FOR  A MARATHON (missed my long run)!  I am on day two of this hangover!  I made a declaration of my own yesterday that July 5th is officially Stretchy Pants and Trashy TV Day!  Today it was back to work, but my productivity was almost sub-par.  Thank you Starbucks for getting me through the day.  I won't shame myself by taking about my attempted run.

Since my communication skills are barely more than grunting at this point, I will wrap-up in bullet style:
  • Family
  • Friends
    Party
  • Parade
  • My middle guy on a float
  • Local Biggest Loser Celebrites
  • Marching Bands
  • Coneys!
  • Creep Carnival
  • Rides
  • Freaks
  • Mini Donuts
  • Keg of Beer
  • Fireworks
  • Sparklers
  • Beergaritas
  • Sunshine
  • Spongebob Bounce House
  • Laughing until the break of dawn
  • Slivo! Any other Serbs out there???


Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.  We sure did and I am already planning for next year.

11 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Sounds like a pretty fab weekend!

Charbelle said...

Sounds like fabulous times!!

Marlene said...

I'm sure it was totally worth it!

Megsie said...

Hope you are done with the hangover by today :) Sounds like a fun Par-tay weekend!

misszippy said...

Sounds like the right kind of weekend to me...marathon training can wait a couple of days!

bobbi said...

Can't EVERY day be stretchy pants and trashy TV day?? I'd like to think so! ;)

Delane said...

I have a holiday hangover and I barley drank this year.

wendy_kresha@charter.net said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Jess said...

Ughhhh, Slivovitz will knock you on your ASS! I too would take 2 days to recover after THAT!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

marathon what?? nahh I don't think anyone does that for the 4th :) sounds like a blast of a weekend

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

LOVE IT!! So adorable!!