Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day of Rest

This whole week I have been feeling like I have been swimming against the current.  I have felt a bit worn out and all around not well.  I am not sure if it is a bug du jour (with three kids there is always some crud going around) or if it is just exhaustion.  Whatever the cause of my ills, I took myself out of life today.  I left work at 8AM and spent the rest of the day in my jammies.

Thoughts while I wasted an entire day on couch:
  • Holy crap, I watched 7 hours of Real Housewives
  • The Real Housewives are total bitches
  • I am addicted to the bitchy trashy housewives
  • I like the New Jersey series better than the NYC series
  • These back to school commercials are making me cry
  • I feel guilty for watching so much TV, I think I will pick up a book.
  • ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Oh I must have dozed off there is drool all over my book.
I clearly did nothing today and I think that is exactly what I needed.  Needless to say my streak didn't last very long (last week I declared a running streak).  Tonight I plan on hitting the hay early and getting another good night of sleep so I will be refreshed for tomorrow.  

12 comments:

Jess said...

I kinda envy the day on the couch in front of the TV! Sometimes, that's just the sort of relaxation a person needs!

Megsie said...

Hope you feel better soon. Good for you...taking a day to rest. Tomorrow you can get right back on track!

RockStarTri said...

Sounds like a rest day was what you needed!

Heather said...

Sounds like a relaxing day - hope you feel better tomorrow!

Mike Russell said...

Love those days...rest days like you had are the greatest. Glad you spent at least some of the time sleeping!

Tish said...

You did just the right thing--a day in your PJs watching mindless drivel on TV is just what the doctor ordered. Hope you're feeling better so you can enjoy your weekend.

teacherwoman said...

A good night's sleep might be just want you needed!

Diana said...

Nothing wrong with letting the body run the show for the day! Usually my mind wants to workout, but some days the body just tends to run how the day will go!
I'm sure the day of rest will be just what you needed-even if you didn't know it!

Vee said...

Sometimes we just need a down-day! Good for you.

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

FruitFly said...

Those housewives are so darn addictive! But let me tell you - I will NOT miss Danielle if she really isn't on next season like they say!

Sounds like a fabulous day! Hope you get back to feeling on top of your game soon!

Lisa said...

Get well soon!

Megan said...

That's a nice day. Just to have time to sit and waste time.