Saturday, August 21, 2010

Retail Therapy

Friday I felt a HELL of a lot better.  I think my sick day was a bit of a bug paired with a funky mood.  The rest was just what the doctor ordered.

I was back on my feet on Friday and headed into work.  Then, I got a call at 9:00AM from the school nurse telling me I had to pick up my Middle Man.  My weekend was about to start early because of  Pink Eye.  As I said before, with three kids there is always some sort of crud floating around.   Thankfully,  I had some extra drops that the doctor prescribed just for times like these.   Pink Eye is the stupidest thing, it is gross and it spreads like wildfire but you feel fine.  I am putting bets down to see who will be the next person in this house to wake up with their eyes mattered shut.


Later that day, I took off to to so shopping.  I meant to shop for the kids but I ended up buying stuff for myself.  What a mood lifter!!!  I finally found shoes to replace my "maternity sandals" from three years ago that are worn to the core, not to mention ugly.  I found a few shirts for my trip, some new make-up, and best of all A RUNNING SKIRT!!  I am so excited that I found one that is flattering on me (flattering is a subjective term of course).  I bought it because it would be perfect for combing the beaches in Florida.  I am going to test it out on my run today (which I am postponing until this afternoon).  I got some amazing clearance deals and I do not feel guilty for buying a few things for myself.  I did manage to find few things for the boys too.  I think that rest I got from Thursday and my new loot that I got on Friday was enough to end my mini funk.
The Loot!



Happy Saturday!

14 comments:

Becka said...

Love getting new running stuff! Skirt looks cute!

Donna said...

I ♥ my running skirts! Really!!

Megsie said...

I am so glad you feel better, and had an extra afternoon for your weekend...complete with SHOPPING! Have a good run this afternoon!

Jess said...

What fun!

Pink eye is pretty dang common for kids to catch. I never had it, but I remember my brothers having it when we were kids and they had be quarantined so I wouldn't get it.

Anonymous said...

I see soemthing missing here. A new iPod for Chubby Hubby perhaps?! :)

Jay Zass

TinaGirl said...

Retail therapy is amazing isn't it? Nice look you got there. I'm loving my Asics skirt!

Tish said...

So glad you're feeling better. Retail therapy works really well (is that from Pretty Woman? Retail Therapy?)

Hope the pink eye dies in its tracks.

Julie said...

I have ended up with pink eye because of my kids getting it so many times! It sucks!

Your little shopping spree is making me jealous...I need to go shopping soon...perhaps tomorrow!

misszippy said...

Looks like a good haul! Sorry you've got crud going around the house--I hope that it doesn't spread!

ajh said...

Nothing like a little retail therapy. Enjoy the skirt! I bet it looks great!

teacherwoman said...

Oh man, I need to go clothes shopping for work. I have worn nothing but shorts and t-shirts all summer and don't even know what I have for good work clothes!

Nice job with all your new stuff!

FruitFly said...

Hip hip hooray for new running skirts! And ... is that... the signs of a Clinique bonus gift??

Heather said...

Love retail therapy. The new running skirt looks cute - you'll have to post a pic of you sporting it on the beach!

Megan said...

Mmmm...retail therapy. Haven't done that in a while.
I love my running skirts. LOVE LOVE LOVE.