Thursday, August 12, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  A few weeks ago, I went to another reading of Run Like a Mother.  The Author, Dimity McDowell was in town and gave me a heads up about a group run with the Moving Soles Running Club to prior to the reading.  I debated going because I didn't know how awkward it would be jumping in and running with a group of women I have never met.  Being the type of person that loves meeting new people, I thought it could be fun and I ended up going.  I am glad I did because I found a  cool group of women that I would love to continue running with.  They were all so friendly and welcoming.  I ended up running 5+ miles with one girl and we chatted the whole way.

Now I am contemplating becoming an active member.  There are only a few members that are training for Twin Cities Marathon but I think I can adapt and jump in to complete my training.  I am more interested in what the group can offer after the race.  I want to become faster and an overall better runner.  I like that I can join the group for organized long runs but I can run by myself and not feel the pressure of running someone else's pace.

2.  I am going to be a complete copycat and be just like Jess at 21 Day Habit.  I am going streaking!!!  I am going to run for 21 days straight.  You might be scratching your heads wondering why I would do that while I am training for a marathon.  I should already have a pretty good grasp on running.  Well, I don't.  I do well on the long runs but fall short during the week.  I think having a little challenge will pull me out of training doldrums and keep me accountable for hitting my weekly goals.  I will run on rest days but probably not more than a mile or two.  I just need to keep the streak going.

3.   Speaking of 21 days, I will be in FLORIDA!!!

12 comments:

bobbi said...

It must have been great to A) meet Dimity and B) find a group...YAY!

Be mindful of yourself while streaking (no injuries allowed!)...with that said, good luck!

Lisa said...

good luck streaking

Megsie said...

Love the 21 day challenge. Little challenges like that help me so much! I am sure you will ROCK your training!

MCM Mama said...

Woohoo that you found a cool running group!

TinaGirl said...

good luck with the "streak!" Just make sure you plan in there some super easy days in order for your body to get some rest and heal! I can't wait to hear about your marathon and If I haven't said it before I am so jealous that you got to go to a reading of RLAM and got to meet Dimity!!! I'm praying they will be at Nike Women's in October.

Diana said...

Streaking? You had me going there just for a second or two!

Good luck with the streak....

Java Joggers said...

Running groups rock! Good luck with your streak :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Good luck with the streak and don't get carried away like Jess has......

GISrunner said...

That's exciting about meeting the author and finding a group at the same time. I'm a lone runner as I live out in the sticks. Sometimes I think having a group to run with would help a lot.

Hmmm, streaking ... just might consider doing that too ... my only concern would be making sure it's not too much on my heel

But I like the idea of challenging myself in that way!

Carolyn & Gina - Two Fat Girls on A Mission said...

I went streaking, slightly intoxicated but totally exhillerating! LOL Have a great time getting free!
Really enjoy your blog, and looking forward to being a real runner too.....I think we can do it!

Megan said...

I love finding new people to run with. Good luck on your challenge.

La Historiadora de Moda said...

I'm hoping to start running once a week with a group soon! Good luck with your streaking!