Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Bit of Insomnia

Tonight I am experiencing a bit of insomnia.  My state of relaxation came to a screeching halt yesterday and life exploded.  At least it was good while it lasted.  New schedules and a crazy work load are weighing heavy on my mind tonight.  At least it is nothing serious.  It is almost 1AM and my racing mind woke me up.  I thought now would be the perfect time to accept a few blog awards.



The Rules:

1. Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

2. The second thing you have to do is, pick 6 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the person that they have gotten this award.

3. The third and final thing is, thank the person who gave you the award.

If I had the chance to go back and change one thing in my life........
This is kind of a loaded question because I would not be the charming person I am today if not for my mistakes in the past.  Everyday I think of the woulda, shoulda, couldas in different aspects of my life but I have no regrets.  With every screw-up, failure, and disappointment came with a good life lesson.  And boy did I get some great life lessons.  I am one of those people that always has to learn the hard way too.
If I had to choose ONE thing that I would have done different, I would not have hung up running after high school.  I wish I would have kept going instead of waiting 10 years to pick it up again.  I really do not know if it would have made the outcome of my life any better or worse but who knows....

Thank you to Little Fruit Fly for giving me this award!  I am flattered by the tag.  Since it is almost 1AM, I am taking the lame route and tagging anyone who reads this.  I love reading people's responses but I am being too lazy to tag specific people (plus how do I choose???).


Next I would like to thank Charbelle at Ramblings for the next award.



The rules are:
1. Thank the blogger that awarded you.
2. Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five words.
3. Pass it on to 10 other blogs that you feel have real substance.

My blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience:

1.  Lighthearted
2.  Honest
3.  Documentary
4.  Self-Improvement
5. Accountability

There you have it.  Again....I am taking the lame route and tagging everyone.  It is too hard to choose just 10 blogs (and that it is almost 1AM).  Thank you again to Charbelle for tagging me. 

**Yawn**
I think midnight blogging may have done the trick....I am ready to crawl back into bed and my mind has settled down.



10 comments:

misszippy said...

I feel you on the insomnia--it really is awful! I hope tonight brings you good slumber.

And--if you ask me, you've made up for a lack of running after high school!

teacherwoman said...

I too had a hard time sleeping last night. But, I think it's because I am in full work mode now and find myself lying awake at night thinking of different ways I can teach my students to help them learn... grrr.

Megsie said...

I was up not last night, but the night before. And...I woke up at 3:15 on the dot. Which means I was mildly freaking out because I watched Amityville Horror when I was in 6th grade. The good news is I slept really good last night :) Hope all the craziness calms down soon, for BOTH of us!

Tish said...

Hope you got in a good sleep. I wonder if those awards (and the requirements) were on your mind. Often, when I can't sleep, it's because I have things I should have done. If I get up and do one or two of the "undone" things on my mental list, I can relax and sleep.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Blogging @ Midnight?

Couldn't do it, sister. All my energy is in the a.m., and at work I'm usually running on fumes by like 3.

So you should get some sort of award for night-blogging.

Wake Teh Chubby Hubby up and demand your reward!

Hahahahaha!

GISrunner said...

I'm right there with you on the insomnia, too ... I hate those nights when I can't shut my brain down long enough to actually fall asleep. But at least your insomnia resulted in another blog post to read!

Jess said...

Hope you were able to sleep well after posting!

Vee said...

I don't usually sleep much, but it's been worse this week with Hubby gone. Last night was the first night I did actually sleep more than a couple of hours.

But I find if I turn on my computer or TV ... it makes going to sleep even harder. Stimulates my mind even more.

Glad it worked for you. Sometimes just a boring book works for me.

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

M. Louise Cunningham said...

I wish my mom had given me healthy snacks in school.. i'd be a better eater today I think. Oh well.. I enjoy seeing what you put together!

lindsay said...

you did good coming up with those 5 words. i feel like i would not have had good answers for that one.

unfortunately the last thing the computer does is make me sleepy. i guess if i was having trouble sleeping at night i'd have to go into work and sit at my desk. i'd be out in 2 seconds flat ;)