Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home!

I am home!  Florida was wonderful!  Six days away was just what the doctor ordered.  The ocean air and my almost comatose state of relaxation seemed to kick the bug I was fighting.  By the end of my stay, I was feeling almost 100%.  This trip was the perfect way to say good-bye to Summer.  I don't think I could ever get sick of hearing the Atlantic waves crash into the beach.

I wasn't completely lazy the entire time I was gone.  In fact, I named this trip "Fat Camp" because I did a good share of working out while I was here.  I worked out enough to lose 6lbs (probably water since I was  a sweat factory).  The three ladies that were my travel companions earned the nickname "The Miss Fits" because they are in FABULOUS shape!  We would hit the beach for a morning walk and it wouldn't take long before all I saw were their footprints in the sand ahead of me.  They effortlessly glided over the sand at an impressive speed without breaking a sweat.  I huffed and puffed (and kind of wished for death) behind them but finished strong.  That sand walking is a great workout!  Certainly one I am not used to doing.  I also made sure I carved out some time for running.  Because of the heat I hit the treadmill and was able to run for one whole mile without stopping.  Trust me....that is a HUGE improvement from where I was prior to the trip. **I am not stressing out over the marathon**

The rest of the trip was spend floating in the pool, reading, and going to bed early.  I am quite the party animal.  We did see a celebrity while we were out to dinner.....OK maybe not, but this dude really looks a lot like Rod Stewart and he looked like he was signing an autograph.  But alas, it was just a guy with really crazy hair.

Now I am home.  The kids started school again today and we are back to creating a routine.  It is 40 degrees cooler here today than it was yesterday in Florida and I am FREEZING!  Although, it is a good day for running so there is no complaining from me.  I hope to catch up on blog reading and commenting tonight.

16 comments:

Charbelle said...

yay!!! Welcome back!!! So glad you had such a marvelous time!!!

Emz said...

You are my kind of party animal. Sounds like a dream. Love relaxing.

Now, off to do laundry, right?! ;)

Vee said...

Woohoo! Major fat-camp-esque working! Glad you enjoyed yourself and are back home, safe and sound!

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Delane said...

Congrats on the loss. I ate my weight in cheese and beef this past weekend. mooooooooo!

I think I found those 6 lbs.

FYI..I'm running a $40 giveaway on my blog. Check it out and enter to win at $40 certificate to CSN Stores.

http://euphoricagony.blogspot.com/2010/09/csn-store-giveaway.html

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Welcome Back, and congrats onteh 6 pounds, thats' quite an accomplishment on vaca!!

Megsie said...

So jealous. It sounds heavenly, especially because I am reading this to the backdrop of a temper tantrum... How fun for me.

Mike Russell said...

Welcome back! It is always tough to come home, but at least you did at 100% and with cooler running temps. And remember, no matter how slow you feel you always look like you are gliding to someone.

Tish said...

It sounds like a wonderful end of summer trip. and SIX pounds???? You rock. I'm glad you're back.

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacay!

Lisa said...

welcome back. and good job with the exercise, running, and weight loss while there!

Heather said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great vacation, and came back just in time for perfect running weather.

Diana said...

Nothing like some great "R & R" for sure!!
Welcome home and enjoy what is now the best time of year; FALL!!
Should be some great running reports from you soon!!

Jess said...

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

FruitFly said...

That really does sound like a perfect vacation! And I haven't checked any almanacs or anything, but I'm pretty sure you are the ONLY person to ever LOSE weight on vacation. Good job!
~RR

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds great!

Megan said...

Chilaxin' by the pool and reading sounds awesome.