Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thoughts of a Nervous Nelly

  • Peanuts and candycorn....what a perfect why to carbo load 5 days before a big race.
  • I probably should not have had this for dinner washed down with a beer.
  • No, I am pretty sure I am stress eating because I ate my weight in that stuff.
  • This race will be  "mind over matter" and I should not be obsessing.
  • I hope this mind over matter has a better outcome than that time I jumped out of bed after an epidural.  Note to self:  Mind over matter thinking does not overcome some drugs.
  • If I a break down the race into numbers, I have 6 hours to finish, I have to maintain a 13:44 mile and that breaks down to 4.46 MPH. 
  • I think I can do that with my run walk combo and if I fizzle out, I should be able to crawl it in.
  • I think i need a paper bag.
  • I think I am thinking too much.
  • What do I have to be stressed about?  I am only running a marathon with as little training as possible and I am photographing a big wedding all within 48 hours.
  • Really?  I decided to photograph a wedding the same weekend as the marathon.  I am just looking for a heart attack.
  • At least I have an awesome play list to help me cope with all of this craziness.
  • I am a bit obsessed with iTunes at the moment.  I am finding so many songs that bring back the memories from college.  You bet your ass I am down with O.P.P.
  • I said I was going to bed 4 hours ago and now I have to get up in 4.5 hours.  Gah!!!

23 comments:

One Crazy Penguin said...

You're going to do amazing. Deep breaths and positive thoughts! Sending positive vibes your way :)

alicia. said...

I can definitely relate to your stress. Good luck at your marathon!!

Miz said...

CHEERING YOU ON FROM TX!!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
You can do it! I will look for you:)

Candy corn...the best:)

Charbelle said...

Cheering you on!!!! You can do it!!!! I seriously need to figure out my ipod!

Kim said...

Good luck in your marathon!

Jamoosh said...

Beer and peanuts I can get behind for carbo-loading. Candy corn, not so much.

Needless to say, you will do well!

christina said...

Cant wait to hear all about your marathon experience!

Im running my first half marathon in 15 days. Im pretty ready for it though. I hope anyways.

Im aiming for a full in March and I will be FREAKING out... seriously what was I thinking? Thats what happens when your running partner brings it up 7 miles into a perfect run when you feel invinsible... if she would have asked at mile 10 it would have been a big NO.

Lisa said...

breathe in.
breathe out.
breathe in.
breathe out.

:-)

Jen said...

I'm doing the Lakefront Marathon in Milwaukee the same day! And I've slacked on my training too, but fear not, we will persevere. That or I'll die around mile 16, but you can't finish if you don't try. ^^

bobbi said...

I am so so glad that you are going to DO this even though your training has been sub par. I know you'll get through it - I can't wait to hear all about it and see those finish line photos.

ROCK IT! If nothing else, you have AWESOME MUSIC and a huge amount of heart to carry you...

misszippy said...

And you are writing entertaining posts in the midst of it! You're gonna be fine..

m said...

I hope you are taking a vacation next week so you can relax.

I know you can do this! YOU ROCK!

I will be sending positive energy into the atmosphere for you :)

Emz said...

OPP ya you know me.
Awesome.

Love your post - as always!

Stacey said...

I love your random thought posts! You will do great on race day!

ann said...

you will do great! good luck! don't forget to download Bel Biv Devo: Poison. NEVER trust a big butt and a smile. :)

Jess said...

You're gonna do great. But, goodness, yes: You are crazy for planning two big things back-to-back!

teacherwoman said...

STOP. BREATHE. And enjoy the ride. The more you think about it the more you are going to want to vomit! Enjoy it! (Easier said than done, I know)

Claire said...

Yeah you know me!

You'll finish..and probably have a fantastic time to boot! Save some candy corn for the finish line!

FruitFly said...

Did you just crawl in my head because this totally looks like all the stuff going on in my head right before a race!
Have a great time - you're going to awesome!
~RR

MCM Mama said...

You can do it!! Have a great time!s

GISrunner said...

Thinking positive thoughts for you in NC ... just breathe ... ohmmmmmmm

Looking forward to the update already!

Megsie said...

Totally thinking about you! Good luck tomorrow!! Sending good thoughts and positive energy...LOTS of energy your way! (And, I have A LOT because I haven't worked out for over a month!) Go Carly!

xoxo!