Saturday, September 11, 2010

A Time to Remember

Photo Credit

I can't believe today is the 9 year anniversary of 9/11.  It feels like yesterday and truthfully, there isn't a day where it doesn't cross my mind.  I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday but I can recall every single detail of the horrible morning.

That day was a stark reminder that life can change in an instant and not to take anything for granted.  Today I will take time to remember those who lost their lives and take time to give thanks for all the blessings in my life.

4 comments:

Tish said...

Amen

RockStarTri said...

On my bike ride this morning I was telling my 9/11 story. Everyone has their own and I believe our generation will remember this day as a "before 9/11" or after 9/11." One of the "afters" is to give thanks much more frequently.

Thanks for the reminder on this day of days.

Forward Foot Strides said...

It's still so hard to fathom what happened that day...

Definitely reminded not to take anything for granted today.

lindsay said...

very true! i just hope we can remember more often to be thankful for our freedoms, and not just on special days of the year. i know i take things for granted sometimes myself.