|See all the empty seats across from my view.....yeah....that is where the Gopher fans sit. Ha! We had WAY more Penn State fans at the game. I didn't notice this prior to posting this photo, but I giggled at the lady wearing a sports bra covered by a practice jersey and Nittany Lions written on the ass of her shorts.....I saw her at the game and let me say that she was not 18.|
|A wizzard and why the hell is he staring at my boobs?|
Today Chubby Hubby and I took the boys to a Gopher hockey game. It was their first college game ever and they loved it. The Gophers won 2-1 over St. Cloud State University.
With all of the tailgating and concession foods around me, I managed to have an excellent first weekend following the program. I stayed within my allowances and got some exercise too. I never once felt deprived.
- Got in a really good long walk on Friday night.
- Got up and walked prior to Saturday's early morning game (6AM!).
- Drank water instead of Coke.
- Ate only 1/2 of my Tex/Mex Egg skillet at breakfast and avoided using the sour cream.
- Planned ahead of time the type and number of brewskis that I would have (2 points per bottle).
- Wrote down everything.....including every drop of alcohol I had.
A note of concern, you may have noticed I WALKED rather than ran. The marathon was three weeks ago today and the backs of my knees(?!) are still extremely tight and sore. I started to jog on Friday and my muscles were burning and felt like they were going to rip. I want to stay injury free so I decided to walk....and even though I didn't push it, I am hurting today. I am going to treat myself for a muscle strain and if it does not improve soon, I will seek professional advice. I have attributed the problem to overly tight hamstrings. Stretching, ice, and a visit to the chiropractor will be my first line of defense. I am kicking myself for not stretching as well as I should have.