Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up...A Week of NOTHING!

I would like to thank everyone for all the kind words and encouragement.  It really helped me get through the marathon.  It might be sad, but sometimes my only motivation to do something is to have something to blog about.   Throughout the race, I kept thinking how I wanted my race recap to read. 

It is hard to believe that the race was a week ago.  My week of being a sloth came to an end today.  The thought of working out, even lightly, did not even cross my mind.  In fact, I am still a bit sore from the race.  I am going to ease back into a routine.  But first, I am going to halt the eating like the world is ending.  I have had some of the best meals this week but I am pretty sure my arteries are paying the price.  Let the detox begin!

Now that the race is done, I decided it was time to pull out the scale to see where I am.  I hid the scale during training because I was getting frustrated with the numbers.  I was kind of excited to pull this thing out because several people have commented that I look like I have lost a lot of weight.  I jumped on and discovered that I haven't lost a pound (and perhaps gained a few).  Ugh....what a buzz kill.  Back to meal planning, tracking in the journal, and counting. 

For a week of nothing, it was pretty busy.  I spent a lot of time with the kids and shuffling them to their activities.  We had an out of town wedding on Saturday.   Sunday I dusted off my camera and snapped a few photos of Diva.  I am a little late on her three year photos, this is the first chance I have had to get her in front of the camera. 


11 comments:

Megsie said...

Such a beautiful little lady you have! You totally deserved a week of nothing! I wish I could do that. I am tired!

christina said...

She is ADORABLE!

I remember Jillian saying on the biggest loser last season or the one before that training for a marathon and losing weight do NOT go together - that you have to eat way more and most people training for a marathon gain a few pounds. I thought this was strange since you were working out SOOOO much but then I started training for my half and I sort of get it... Ive been on a plateu the entire training.

You will 100% get back on track!

Now that your marathon is done what do you plan to do next? where do you plan to downgrade your running to so that you keep a good base?

Thanks for sharing!
Christina

http://last-weight-loss-journey.blogspot.com/

Kim said...

Your daughter is so cute in sitting there in the leaves!

There is nothing wrong with a week of doing nothing and just letting your body heal. In fact, it does it a world of good.

Charbelle said...

Such a doll!!! I was so excited when I was able to run this past Thursday after my 1/2. The 1/2 I did before this one it took me a really long time to be able to comfortably run again! Back to tracking for me as well!!

chunky girl said...

I know what you mean about the blog motivitating! I'm constantly writing at least the headlines . . . my brain usually can't hold much more than a few words during a race! :)

lindsay said...

That's not sad at all - to me the blog is a source of motivation, and helps hold me accountable when I want to slack off. Now, I'm warming the whip up for you ! ;) no more slothing.

Lori said...

What a precious girl!

You know, a lot of people actually gain weight while training for a marathon and the fact that you weighed yourself *after* your rest week and didn't gain weight is really something to be proud of!

bobbi said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I wish I had your camera skills...

Carly said...

Your daughter is so cute. Good luck getting back into the swing of things. I'm right there with you!

Running Librarian said...

What a cutie you have. Take the weight loss complements :) I am sure you have added muscle and loss some fat since marathon training even though the scale hasn't really changed that much.

FruitFly said...

Your little diva must bring a smile to your face every time you see her. She is a doll!