Tuesday, November 30, 2010

And I Always Come Crawling Back.......

I just signed back up to be a member at the fitness center at work.  I quit several months ago really for no good reason besides not going.  Now I am kind of kicking myself because I had to pay the quitters joiners fee again. 

Why did I come crawling back?  Well, it is simple, my lunch hour is the ideal time for me to work out.  I am not thrilled about working out over my lunch hour but it is a better time than 8:30 at night.  I am also not doing this alone.  There are other crazy people in my office that go would rather sweat than eat.  Another bonus is that I get reimbursed for going to the gym 8 times in one month....so it is basically FREE.  Have I mentioned that I love my employee benefits??

Now with 2 gym memberships, fresh running shoes, and a Pilates class I have NO EXCUSES for not working out.  I literally have every base covered.  Now I need to make myself go and it won't be hard as I have a very exciting year of events planned.


Note to self:  Don't quit stuff:

I dumped Weight Watchers.....I am back
I dumped my Bally's Membership....I am back
I dumped my Fitness Center Membership....I am back
I dumped Pilates...I am back

*sigh*

20 comments:

James said...

If quitters never win, and you've rejoined, that must mean you're now a winner! :)

Emz said...

The "I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack" part is the IMPORTANT part!

YAY YOU!

Tamzin said...

Persistance. :) thats a great trait!!

termite said...

i'm with emz on this. the fact that you're back is all that matters.
awesome!

xo

Marlene said...

You definitely can't waste benefits like that. I'm JEALOUS!

Tammy said...

You and I are in the same boat. I only wish I could get my fitness center expense covered if I went 8 times a month. Maybe then I would actually go.

I'm also back at Weight Watchers and signed up for multiple races in the spring.

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I have done the same thing in the past too!! My hubby gets so annoyed with me because of the joiner fees. Work benefits are the best...seriously, I need to take advantage of a few more of mine.

Welcome back, it is going to be great:)

trifitmom said...

once it is a lifestyle you wont be quitting - you will take 2 days off and be raring to get back....

Anonymous said...

I think this is more like if you fall off the horse, get back on. Don't worry about the rec center, I'm dragging your butt there EVERY SINGLE DAY : )

RockStarTri said...

It is a journey, not a destination.

ajh said...

Awesome getting a gym membership at work!

teacherwoman said...

You're back!! :)

Carolina John said...

Stick with it! Go for it girl.

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Those are some great benefits you have there!! And all that matters is that you are back and you CAN stick with it this time! :)

MizFit said...

yep
as everyone else said ALL THAT MATTERS is you are climbing back on the workout wagon.

welcome home :)

Staci Dombroski said...

YAY for being back!!! It is so hard to workout sometimes during the winter too! My friend just joins the gym during the winter because it is too cold to do anything outside :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, and it's not even January........... HA

Cathy said...

Don't give up...your list looks a lot like mine. Weight watchers - been there (3 times); gym membership - lots of them. Looks like you're off to a good start with your workouts!

Arteryx Jackets said...

You need to have perseverance and never quit. Good luck on your journey!

aspoonfulofsmash said...

Good for you! I run a corporate fitness center so I love old members that come back :)