Monday, November 29, 2010

Gobble Gobble

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!! I am getting ready to tackle another work week but I could use another day off.  Here is yet another random thoughts post as that is all I can seem to muster up these days.

  • I enjoyed 4 days off.  I love long weekends!!!
  • Despite trying not to over eat, I went ahead and did it anyway.  My philosophy is, someone went through a lot of trouble to cook all that food....SOMEONE needed to help out and eat it.
  • I am wondering how I could overeat when I am allergic to the main course....Turkey?
  • In all of my overeating... I cannot recall eating any vegetables.  Hmmmmm.
  • I did have a slice of red velvet cheesecake (red velvet cake on the bottom and cheesecake on on the top....drool).
  • I participated in the Turkey Day 5K that was held in Downtown Minneapolis.  It was cold, slippery and a there was a zillion people.  I am still glad I did it.  Did it=.5 mile run to start....walked most of it and then ran the last .5 (ish).
  • My hip is still barking at me but it held up okay during the 5K.
  • The 5K was the only exercise I did all weekend.
  • The calories I burned during the 5K didn't make a dent for the damage the cheesecake did.
  • 
    Dressed and ready to go for the 5K...or a bank robbery.  I have said it before, I am jealous of you Southern Folks!
    
  •  Needless to say, I did not earn very many points on the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge...but I am not giving up.
  • I did a little bit of Black Friday shopping and got most of my shopping done in one swoop through Target.  I didn't get up at the crack of dawn and much to my surprise, the crowds at  Target weren't too bad.  Chubby Hubby on the other hand did get up at 5AM (only because he had to work) to see if he could get a good deal.   He lucked out and spent the rest of the day on a retail high.
  • Saturday, I spent the day decorating the house for Christmas.  The trees are up and the lights are hung.  I am 100% in Christmas mode and loving it.
  • We always have to watch Elf and Christmas Vacation the day we put up the tree. I love those movies!!
  • Sunday we celebrated Thanksmas (combined Thanksgiving and Christmas) with my inlaws.
  • Ugh....I am fooded out!  I need to find some vegetables!
That about sums up the weekend.  I have a lot to be thankful for and I am glad I got to spend the last 4 days with my friends and family.  I hope everyone had a great holiday.

11 comments:

Charbelle said...

Oh my word, you had to wear all that to run??? Craziness!!! I'm no longer going to say one word about the fact that is suddenly got cold here...
My mom would be in heaven over that red velvet/cheesecake combo, I might have to find that recipe for her birthday in March!!
Sounds like a fabulous 4 day weekend!!

misszippy said...

You'll get back on track! We all have those weekends, especially this time of the year. Have a good week!

Staci Dombroski said...

We watched Elf on our car ride home from Indiana. Sounds like you had a nice holiday break!

Lisa said...

Are you actually under all that black gear? LOL

WannabeRunner said...

Ahhhh that cheesecake looks DELICIOUS!!!

James said...

The black friday shopping burned off everything you ate. I officially declare that anyone going out to fight the crowds gets an automatic Turkey Day food pardon. :)

Not that I went out, but the wifey did.

Running Librarian said...

cheesecake...yummmmmm....

I don't think you were alone on the lack of running this past weekend.

ajh said...

That cheesecake sounds fabulous!

Yeah, I had to eat a salad today to get my body some veggies!

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Umm...red velvet cheesecake!?! Holy Yum!!! And we watched "Christmas Vacation" while we put up the tree...such a classic :)

lindsay said...

i love christmas vacation! i watched that over the weekend too. i wish we could just have off from thanksgiving thru new years... now THAT is a work schedule i could get behind.

Cathy said...

Love your running look! If you ever need some extra money, you've got that robbery outfit ready!

Cheesecake and Red Velvet cake? That looks so delicious it should be against the law!