Thursday, November 18, 2010

Three Things Thursday-D is for Dummy

1.   I could not maintain composure when my son's Kindergarten teacher showed me his letter journal.  We go to the "D" page and I instantaneously burst out laughing (and perhaps snorted and wiped away giggle tears).  The teachers response was "look at how nice his writing is".   BWAH!!!!  I could not focus on how perfect the "d's" were written.   The teacher knows exactly why I was laughing and I am sure she thinks I am a a big pervert (I think I busted her trying not to laugh).  For the record the picture is a dinosaur and the other word is "duck" not "dick".  I am saving this artwork forever!

2.  The letter D is also for Dumbass and my son could have drawn a photo of me.  This morning I must be the talk of the hospital security office for being such a tool.  I met my girlfriend at a local ER after receiving a phone call saying she was driving herself in because she was having an allergic reaction.  When I arrived, I spotted her car right away....it was haphazardly parked in the ambulance unloading area.  I found her in the ER and took her key to move the car so it would not get towed. 

I had to look at her key very closely.  It was one of the fancy keys that is not really a key.  I said, "What the?" and a doctor said..."Oh, that must be a push button ignition".  OK...easy peasy or so I thought.  I got out to her car, pressed a few buttons, and the lights and radio turned on and her seat moved but the car would. not. start.  I played around for several minutes making the windshield wipers fly and the horn honk.  I got a lot of strange looks from people walking by.
Finally, I flagged down a staff member on her way to work and asked if she know how this new crazy technology worked.  She was as clueless as I was and after playing with the key that is not a key for a few minutes, she suggested contacting security.  I followed her to the security office and explained my situation to the young man.  I could tell he was holding back a laugh.  I told him, if he was so smart....he could start the car.  He followed me out to my girlfriends car, got in and started experiencing the ordeal I did....then... click.  The car started.  Dammit.  It really was just a push of the button (and stepping on the brake at the same time).  *sigh*  I thanked him for his help and smiled and laughed.  I am a dunce sometimes.

When the whole car ordeal was taken care of, I made it back to my girlfriends room.  She was looking a lot better and they discharged her not long after.  She got a good laugh out of the car follies.  Gotta love technology.

3.  Today's weigh in was down .6 lbs.  I am not unhappy about it because truthfully I was expecting a significant gain.  Stress + Monster Cookies = disaster.  I guess I have one more thing to be thankful for....my little loss.  I won't have a meeting next week so I have 2 weeks to make some serious progress!

22 comments:

Charbelle said...

ROFL, that artwork hahahahahahaahahahahahahaha I read what your wrote before really looking at the picture, oh my word too funny!!!!!!
I would have had the same issues with that key, technology is not my friend!

WannabeRunner said...

That artwork is AMAZING. Your son will love you for saving it. :)

Congrats on your loss!!

Stacey said...

That is great artwork!! (: Too funny!
Yay for the loss!

Emz said...

Why did it have to be "d" day right?! Man, that dino has one sweet looooooooooooooooooong neck.

Love it. ;)

Marlene said...

I would not have the slightest clue how to operate that non-key either!

Reminds me of a few weeks ago when hubs left for a run and his car was blocking MY car in, and I had somewhere to be. It's a stick shift which I DO NOT DRIVE. My Mom tried to talk me through it on the phone but the best I could do was stall the thing on an angle half out of the driveway.

Knock knock on the neighbour's door and fortunately he was able to park it on the street for me. DOH!

Teamarcia said...

LOL on the artwork. he really does make nice d's!

I just got one of those non-key cars. I swear I needed to get another degree just to know how to drive it so don't feel bad!

bobbi said...

bwahahahahahaha! Love the artwork - priceless!

You got farther than I ever would with the funky key. Seriously, why mess with a key? Does it NEED to be more complicated?

termite said...

what a neck!!! woohoo! :p
now that's hysterical.

xo

DaphneB said...

That artwork is downright frame-worthy. The icing on the cake would be that it's on the 'D' page along with the word 'duck'. Awesome!! Also, hilarious on the key thing....six months ago, I wouldn't have known to push the brake either!

Vee and the Kid said...

You are hilarious! Thanks for the comic relief.

Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Amanda@runninghood said...

Love love love this!! My kinder's art is my favorite! This one you have is defnitely worth saving!

kilax said...

Oh my gosh. I love that pic. Do save it forever!

That is the kind of key I have for my car. :)

Is your friend okay?

Congrats on the loss!

RockStarTri said...

i had the same key issue when I was test driving a car. Now I have the problem of sitting in a car with a conventional key looking for the start button.

That kid has talent!

Running Librarian said...

Now the question is did your son write Dinosaur or did the teacher make him write it so others didn't mistake the Dino for something else?? hmmm...

TNTcoach Ken said...

That kid of yours should can make some nice 'd's! I stopped reading after number 1........... LOL

lindsay said...

hahahaha that needs to be framed!

Kate said...

OMG, That's hilarious!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Any loss is a loss, don't knock it!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Don't look now, but I think that dinosaur only has one ball!

No wonder they died out.

Janice {Run Far} said...

yay for a loss. Love the art work. I would have died laughing as well.

ajh said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. What is your injury that is keeping you from running?

FruitFly said...

I must confess I immediately started to giggle over that picture, too! Kids - gotta love 'em!