Thursday, November 4, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  I am doing a little happy dance right now because I am down .6 lbs.  You may be thinking "whoopee", however, I think that I dodged a major bullet.  I am so happy that my transgressions brought on by Halloween week didn't punish me at the scale (yet).  I am down a total of 4.2 total.  I do know that I will have to work very hard this week so the 40lbs of trail mix and 200 Kit Kat bars do not catch up with me next week.


2.  I am going to buy myself a pair of ice skates.  The boys just started playing hockey this year.  Since they are just learning to skate, we hit the open skating at the ice arena quite frequently.  Instead of sitting in the stands watching, I can lace up some skates and embarrass my children by doing my best Michele Kwan moves.  I bet it is good cross training (assuming I do not break anything).  Also, they offer open skating at the hockey arena here on campus during lunch.  I may have to do that sometime too.

3.  Thanksgiving is two weeks from today (EDIT:  Three weeks from today...I seem to be a week ahead of myself)!!!!  I am planning on doing the Turkey 5K on Thanksgiving day but I am still not back up and completely running...I am going to do it as a run/walk.  If I do it that morning, I do not feel as guilty for indulging in all of the Turkey Day goodies!

8 comments:

Charbelle said...

I'm waiting for the insane amount of candy I consumed last week to catch up with me!! Ice skating sounds like a great idea!! I totally agree that it's wonderful cross training!!

Emz said...

OH MAN - I was thinking sweet ice skates then I saw "Turkey day two weeks from today"....huh? what? Oh man, I'm off to watch food network . . .wait they don't actually do recipes any more do they?! foodnetwork.com, it is!

termite said...

You're doing awesome!

Kristin said...

Three weeks from today, actually! Thank goodness!

Jamoosh said...

We don't have hockey moms in Texas!!!

April said...

Great idea to ice skate! Talk about a butt workout!!
Way to go in the weight loss!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Three weeks?! Where have I been? I don't know that I'm ready for that yet...good for you for being ahead of the game and not horribly behind like me. Great to find your blog. Hope to catch up with it soon.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh. Thanksgiving is really coming up quickly!