Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up-Lifestyles of the Lame and Boring

I have been MIA this week and for nothing exciting.  I have been burning the candle at both ends and unfortunately running has not been part of my schedule.  I guess it was a blessing as my hip continues to recover (and it is feeling great lately).

This weekend it snowed. A lot.  Ugh, I am not a fan of the white stuff though I shouldn't complain because we have had a beautiful Fall.  Thankfully I am a hardy Minnesota chick and it did not get in the way of my Saturday morning coffee date with BFF.
I am a crappy friend.....I sat in a nice warm car while she brushed off the snow.  hahaha.  I am jealous of you Southern folks that have never had to warm up a car or clean your car off before driving.
With the craptastic weather, I decided to do some crazy cleaning and attack my closets.  I pulled stuff out of every corner in this house and slowly sifted through it.  My house looked like an episode of TLC's Hoarders.  Slowly but surely things are either making their way back into the closets or into the trash.  I found my Weight Watcher pouch and I have kept all for the booklets from my very first attempt with the program.  I decided all of my old stuff with the exception of my weight log would be send to the recycling.  No sense hanging on to it as I have recommitted.  Time for a fresh start.
I did some baking and cooking today.  I never bake but today, as I was cleaning out my kitchen cupboards, I realized I had pretty much everything for Monster Cookies.    I also whipped up a batch of beef soup.  I think I need a domestic goddess crown today because I earned it!!  Besides cleaning and cooking, I edited my final photos of the year, Finished ALL my laundry (gasp), ordered some sweet new winter boots (I live in MN and don't have winter boots) and took the boys to hockey (it is a workout getting the boys in their skates!!  I actually was sweating!!)  It was a very boring and very domesticated (yet productive) weekend.  Sometimes snow days are nice to take care of business.

While cleaning out my closet, look what jumped at me.  My running shoes.  They look so sad and neglected.  I think I actually heard them speak to me and they said something about all the miles I would have to run if I ate those cookies pictured above.

There you have it....the worlds most boring blog post!

8 comments:

termite said...

I love weekends like that!

well, new week ahead - new challenges!
time to put your running shoes on!

**then again, if it's snowing - I'd opt for sitting by the fire with a good book. ;-)

Lisa said...

snow?!?! i guess it's no surprise, it is mid november, but still....snow?!?!

it's been plenty cold enough here for snow, but we only get like 9" of precipitation a year, so even though it's cold, the roads generally stay clear.

Jamoosh said...

You can send some snow down here to Houston, but it has to be accompanied by Monster Cookies!

Charbelle said...

I want that cookie recipe!!! Your weekend sounds productive I thought about you and my other bloggy friends who live up there and hoped y'all were not the ones who lost power. Down here our news spins your weather in the "catastrophic snow storms and cold weather snap take out power blah blah blah" then I read your blogs and know that all is well in your worlds.

misszippy said...

I am with you on the white stuff...could easily live without it for the rest of my life.

WannabeRunner said...

Ah, snow already?! Just looking at that picture made me cold. :)

Tamara said...

A few things popped into my head as I read this. I loath the snow (as a walking/busing commuter in Seoul, S Korea it is NO fun!) and I miss NM where it does snow, but not in droves. You should post the recipe for your cookies! And, finally, my running shoes have been looking at me with that same sad expression since June of 2009. Needless to say, my return to running is LONG overdue.
*I found your blog recently and you've inspired me to attempt just such a return.

Michelle said...

SNOW!!! I hope we get some of the pretty white stuff this year.