Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up, Mind Dump

  • It is sad that a weekend of hockey, 2 birthday parties, a hair appointment, and catching up with normal house hold chores is considered a LOW KEY weekend.
  • Speaking of hockey, pardon my current obsession but we are new to the sport this year and I have made some pretty sweet observations.  I think I need to do a hockey mom post.  I sure met a doozy today!!!
  • Mother Nature was not nice to us this weekend....we got freezing rain and made the roads and sidewalks like an ice rink.  I watch my boys fall on their asses just stepping out the door.  I laughed but it wasn't funny when it happened to me.
  • I had to chisel ice off of my car before going anywhere today.  It looks like broken glass.  Again, I am so jealous of people who have never had to pull out their ice scrapper.
  • I went to the gym today.
  • I WENT TO THE GYM TODAY!  (I had to say it twice because I am shocked too)
  • I need to go to the gym more often because I was very amused by the guy on the machine next to me.  He kept grunting and the guy on my other side kept moaning.  I was cracking up the whole time.  Then I saw my neighbor who is a religious gym goer and an AMAZING runner.  I was reminded of what an inspiration she is....she ran a 5K while battling breast cancer and ran it faster than I could ever dream about....she won the race.  Unbelievable.
  • The hip was tight but did Okay.  I spend to quality time on the Elliptical Machine and did some stretching.  I go back to the chiropractor tomorrow and I have another Pilates class.
  • Ugh...I am "running"  a 5K on Thursday.  It will be more like waddling but I am okay with that.
  • I joined Amanda's Bootie Buster Challenge at the last minute.  I am doing it to be held accountable for this holiday season.
  • I finished all photo editing for the YEAR.  ***happy dancing***
  • I am finally relaxing for the night and enjoying a glass of wine (yes I still have the points for it) and watching ELF (that movie does not get old for me).  I got said glass of wine by texting my hubby who is watching football upstairs.  Call me lazy or a lucky lady....either way, I am happy.
  • That is about it....I am looking forward to my 3 day work work week, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday.  Until then, I am going to enjoy this:

14 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

I love wine! Good luck on your 5K! Reading your blogs makes me cold. :) Our winters here in Oregon are really very mild compared to yours. We pray for snow...the kids go crazy if even a few flakes fall and the entire city of Portland makes it a huge even to broadcast. An inch would warrant a "Winter Blizzard of 2010" coverage. :)

Carly said...

Welcome to the world of hockey! My younger brother has played his whole life so I grew up around all that fun.

And I love Elf too, but I refuse to watch until after Thanksgiving. :-)

Charbelle said...

LOL!!! Ok I'm looking forward to the story of the hockey mom!! Your gym stories cracked me up!! I LOVE that you texted CH and he brought you a glass of wine, that is just so incredibly sweet and funny at the same time :)

Jamoosh said...

Only a single glass of wine? Thought you might go for the whole bottle - Thanksgiving week and all.

Sherry said...

Love your gym stories... that's what makes it worth it for me!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Nice glass of wine! ooohhh and great work at the gym, I am actually THAT person that everyone laughs out, minus the groans, I just sing out loud!

RockStarTri said...

That wine glass looks like it could be 12" wide! Well, maybe I'm hoping it is.

ajh said...

WW Points? I need to get back at it.

Katie A. said...

Mmmmm....wine ;)
I don't know how you all do it with that crazy weather! I'm spoiled, although it's freezing here and raining, but no snow or ice!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving - go knock 'em out in that 5K!

Staci Dombroski said...

Yummy yummy wine!! That looks sooo good ;) Way to go on getting to the gym!

termite said...

share your wine!!! :D

best of luck on your 5k!!

MCM Mama said...

Love that you texted him and he brought you wine. I totally need someone in my house to do that!

Cathy said...

That glass of wine is exactly what I want to be sitting in front of for the next 3 days! Have a great holiday! Good luck on your race!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! You would have loved the Air Force guys lifting weights at the gym. I can't wait to tell you about it : )
I hope the boys love hockey and that you are endlessly entertained by the hockey moms!