Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Vacation!

Wow!  Where did Christmas go?  This is the fastest Christmas has come in gone since I can remember.  We had a great time, a small gathering of family on Christmas Eve and a very lazy day on Christmas day.

Dressed up for Church
The biggest Reese's candy bar ever!  For those of you counting points....this bad boy is 72 of them!
I should make reservations at the ER?
She asked Santa for hockey equipment and not dolls
Now that Christmas is over, I have a week off of work.  We are on furlough this week.  Although I am taking a hit financially, it is a great break in the action.  I am glad to be home with the kiddos (although they are driving me up the wall!!!)  I am catching up on some house projects and on my blog reading.  I am also working on my 2011 goals.  At some point I will be dusting off my running shoes to burn off the 50lbs (slight exaggeration) I gained from Christmas.  Oh yeah, and I am running a 5K on Saturday.  It will be interesting since I have not run in awhile.

Today I found out that I have to have a minor surgery on my ankle.  I had this mysterious lump checked out and they determined that it was a Ganglion Cyst.  Since it is so big they need to cut it out.  To make this even more interesting the doctor thinks that it is attaching to tissue and tendons so before I can get this removed, I need to have an MRI.  This ugly stupid cyst is really taking me on quite an adventure.  Plus, I found out that I have an extra bone in my ankle that they want to remove.  Interesting.  I will know more next week.

Hope everyone had a great holiday!  I am looking forward to catching up with all of you.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Totally worth 72 points! Yummy!
Good luck with your surgery..I am going to have to have knee surgery one of these days. Eeek.
Glad you had a great Christmas! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Vee and the Kid said...

We must have the same life! Family gathering for Christmas Eve, and nothing but home time Christmas day. I enjoyed not having anywhere to go then, and after we milked the goat and took care of the livestock (and the Kid opened gifts), we went back to bed! Love it!

Happy holidays! Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Megsie said...

Holy crap. An extra bone? How does that even happen? Only you Carly! Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Jess said...

Extra bones?! You're bionic!

ajh said...

Good luck with your surgery. Love the pics. Your daughter looks quite cute in that mask!

Liz said...

omg... that looks to be the most delicious candy bar ever. and your kids are adorable!
happy holidays!

Lori said...

That is one massive candy bar! I could probably make quite a good dent in it all by myself.

The ganglion removal is not that big of a deal, so you should be healed up and 100% in no time!

Delane said...

Good luck with surgery..that looks really ugly! yikes.

lindsay said...

oooh. josh would love that reese bar. hooray for diva's sporty side! :)

glad you had a merry christmas; happy new year!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

72 points huh....how far is that in miles to burn ofbout the anf?? sorry ankle!