Thursday, December 2, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Weight Watchers
Today is weigh in day and the weekly meeting.  I am not going to lie, but I gained a few lbs.  I won't blame my gain on my many Thanksgiving over indulgences but rather than my heavy bulky clothing I decided to wear today (yeah, I am sure that is it)  When I laughed at my gain total, the lady weighing me in shot me a nasty look.  I wanted to say that she should welcome a gain here and there.  Afterall, my being fat is what keeps her employed.

Anyway...Weight Watchers kicked off a new program this past week.  It is not much different from what I can tell but it does encourage making better choices with food.  I think the idea behind the change was that a large apple and a handful of M&Ms were the same amount of points.  Now most fruits and veggies are zero points.  I still have to read more about the new program but I think I will like it.
 
Arrgggh!
My car decided to give me some attitude tonight.  It started chugging and sputtering on my way to pick up the kids.  Thankfully I made it home before it stalled completely but it wasn't pretty.   It sucks because I have a million errands to do tonight and a road trip planned for tomorrow.  I am not sure how my car knows when it is time for a trip because every time the check engine light comes on.  I am resisiting the urge to have a glass of wine at 4PM (only because they frown upon parents coming to their children's sporting events drunk and also because a glass of wine is now 4 points instead of 2!!!!!)  Everything should be back to normal tomorrow.  At least I am crossing my fingers that it will be a cheap quick fix.

Silver Lining
Because of said problem above, I have tomorrow off.  So, I may have to be stuck home until the car is fixed but at least I can play catch up with the mountain of laundry that is lurking in my laundry room.  I guess I can start my weekend early!

10 comments:

Tish said...

I'm still excited about the program and I think you got it exactly right--the apple, M&Ms dilemma. I like that bread (low cal, whole grain bread, but bread) is now a power food.
Sorry about your car, but I'm glad you got home. I dropped E off at preschool this morning and when I got back to the car w J, my remote wouldn't open the doors. I ransacked my purse and discovered I didn't have the remote--it was in the car. Fortunately, I discovered that the back door had jammed on the seatbelt and a couple of good hip action thumps provided the "open sesame." Not good to be stuck outside in the cold with a 1 yr old.
And why can't laundry just do itself. I got to the bottom of my basket (a minor miracle) just last weekend and now it's overflowing all over the laundry room floor. Aaaaaagh. Good luck!

trifitmom said...

i think ww changing their system is a GREAT idea

ajh said...

I need to jump back on the WW bandwagon. I am thinking about doing it on line. I haven't changed with the program as they have changed it recently but maybe i need to. My stuff is a few programs ago.

Diana said...

"Afterall, my being fat is what keeps her employed."

Carly, you need to print these words you wrote and post them everywhere! Read them, read deep into them, there's a message in there. Put that lady in the unemployment line!

Carolina John said...

Good luck carly. kick some ass girl! and I hope your car feels better soon. mine needs a little maintenace too.

James said...

"a large apple and a handful of M&Ms were the same amount of points." really? That just makes no sense to me at all. Then again, I'm simply working on reduction of calories and not watching fat, carbs, etc.

Michele said...

That M & M handful puzzles me, too. Hope you car is on the mend before the snow settles in.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Enjoy the long weekend!

FruitFly said...

Since you're doing laundry, I have a ton of it to put away - you know, if you get bored and need more to do!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I believe I'm one of the few who is not enamored with this program. Good luck!