Saturday, December 11, 2010

Trapped!

A snow storm day in photos. 
Friday Afternoon:  The snow clouds are looming

Clark Griswold, aka Chubby Hubby trying to fix our Christmas light before the storm
People were shopping as if it was the world was coming to an end.

 
This is what we woke up to this morning and this is Chubby Hubby doing the first shovel job of the day.
An hour later.....did he really shovel?
The boys still had hockey even though everything else was canceled.  There are some benefits to living on a busy road....plows to get us out.  (This might be my only shot at a Christmas card)
Tough Minnesota boys
I baked all day long.
The view from the front door.
This is what we have at our back door.....a wall of snow.  I feel like the Snickers commercial....not going anywhere?


I am happy we have a warm house, food, copious amounts of beer, the TV to entertain the kids,  and the Internet to entertain me.  *sigh*  It was nice to have a day of nothing, however, I am feeling a bit claustrophobic.  Tomorrow doesn't sound any better.....below zero temps!  Woo Hoo....I bet you all wish you lived in this paradise.  At least I can finally catch up on some blogs tomorrow!

19 comments:

ajh said...

Just don't lose electricity!

Those cookies are my favorites!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Oh my gosh! Those cookies are my Christmas favorites, peanut butter and chocolate. What a great treat to be trapped in the snow with!

M said...

I do miss that ridiculousness :)

RockStarTri said...

I channeled my inner Griswold today by putting up the lights as the storm is supposed to hit us on the east coast tonight/tomorrow. It is a little warmer here so it is expected to be a "rain" event.


Don't go too stir crazy and don't eat all the cookies! That, like putting up lights, is a man job.:)

The Jogger Blogger said...

Oh yum...you've got me craving those cookies now!

Amanda@runninghood said...

These pictures evoke such a feeling of home and comfort! What a different experience than our winter! I remember winters like this in Colorado though. Enjoy your cozy home!

Charbelle said...

OH MY WORD that is craziness!!!! Your kids are just too cute!!!

Marlene said...

That's a lot of snow! We're supposed to be getting quite a haul today/tomorrow. What fun...

I love how all the kids tilt their head to the side for the picture. Too cute.

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Eeek!! That is a lot of snow!! Hope you get unburied soon! :)

Lisa said...

yikes. that's a lot of snow!

misszippy said...

Oh wow! I have to say it...I'm so glad it's not here right now! Hope you get a break soon.

Shrinking Mommy said...

we got some of that too..my parents are trapped here for awhile cuz the interstates are closed! They need to be home today. I love having them here though!

Julie said...

This snow storm was just nuts! I got stuck a few times and could hardly make it up my driveway:) Last night my hubby and I wanted to go out to dinner. We drove into Maple Grove and everything but the gas stations and bars were closed! It was a ghost town:) We stopped at the new place...Malones.

I am catching up on blogging today too:) Take care!

Simply Life said...

oooh looks like the perfect day to stay inside and bake!

Diana said...

And of course that same storm came my way......
I love it all. I know I'm probably the ONLY one who will comment that way-but it's like a giant winter playground out there and I was in it most of the day today!!!!

DaphneB said...

Wow! This morning the weather said it was -7 in Minnesota. That, to me, is unimaginable. Have fun in the snow, or looking at it from in your nice warm house!!

Jess said...

A lot of our family lives near or in the Twin Cities and we heard about the monster snow dump! Amazing.

And BTW, I have friends who live in Richfield :)

FruitFly said...

Holy cow that is some impressive snow! We don't get anything remotely close to that. I live in a valley, so if we ever do get snow it just stays in the mountains. On the rare times it gets to the valley floor?? I'm in heaven! I just LOVE it!

TRiathlete23 said...

You should record your results and training with this brand new application. Definitely the best one i have seen.



220 TriLog for the iPhone!


iTunes Link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/220-trilog/id405993632?mt=8&uo=4