Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to the Grind

  • I am back to work.  The kids are back to school.  I am not going to lie, it was a slow start to the day.
  • I earned my first foil sticker of the day.  Lunch time workout was 5.14 miles on the recumbant bike.
  • I have my MRI tonight to take a peek at the disgusting cyst that I have affectionately named "Chuck".  I will have to decide what to do about the extra bone in my ankle.
  • Tonight also starts my next series of Pilates.  Our instructor dropped a bomb on us two weeks ago informing us that she has Breast Cancer.  The good news is that it was caught extremely early and she should be just fine.  The bad news is that there were two lumps and she automatically has to have a mastectomy. Her recovery will be long.  She is a tough cookie and will hold her session no matter what, she hired a sub to take over her class when she is absent.
  • I am not going to lie, I am having a hard time climbing back on the healthy bandwagon. 
Short, sweet, and bulleted.  Happy Monday!

    9 comments:

    WannabeRunner said...

    Good job on your lunchtime workout!! I am back to work tomorrow - realllllly not looking forward to it. :P

    MCM Mama said...

    Good job on your work out! Take it one step at a time and you'll be back on the healthy bandwagon before you know it.

    mommie2lea said...

    Great job on your workout, and good luck with the MRI.

    Prayers and ++++ thoughts to your Pilates instructor.

    Megsie said...

    I think the healthy band wagon may have seen me and kept on going. I don't think I am even running to try to catch up to it... Do you think it will come around again? And bring some motivation as well? I hope your MRI went well, and that you know what the plan is for Chuck and your *extra* bone!

    Lori said...

    You'll get there. The wagon can seem pretty high up at times, but just pull a little harder :D

    Delane said...

    Thats a bummer about your pilates instructor.


    I hear ya on jumping back on board. And I haven't gone back to work yet.

    Cathy said...

    Wow - what a way to start the year! Glad you got your work out in - yes, you deserve a gold star! Sorry to hear about Chuck. Hope everything goes well with your MRI.

    Aka Alice said...

    Cancer sucks...hate it.

    Hope the MRI shows good things for you! (Chuck...you crack me up)

    Carly said...

    Yay for lunchtime workouts! I miss those.
    And good luck with the MRI.