Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Carly vs. MRI

MRI Lady:  I have you all set up.  Do not move.  You need to be very still.

Carly:  No Problem (I can hold still for a minute)

MRI Lady:  This will take about 30-40 minutes

Carly:  Okay, even for a little cyst? (WTF????  What the hell are they scanning?!?!)

MRI Lady: Yep, and I will talk to you through a little speaker.  Just stay still.  Very Still.

Carly:  Done.  (OMG...my nose itches)

MRI Lady:  Are you OK Carly, I am seeing a lot of movement.  Stay very still.

Carly:  I am fine....I moved?

MRI Lady:  Ooops you moved again.....

Carly:  Sorry

MRI Lady:  Lets try that scan again....Okay that one looks good.  The next scan is 4 minutes long.

Carly: %^&%&$&%*^

MRI Lady:  STOP MOVING!  We have to do that one again.

Carly:  (Thinking don't move, don't move, don't move....commence giggling)

MRI Lady:  dramatic sigh... Okay, We are done.


It is pretty safe to say that I would rather be stuck with 10 needles than to have to sit completely still like that.  It was torture!!!  Seriously, why does it take so long?  I should find out in a couple of days what the doctor says.

19 comments:

Diana said...

Obviously you didn't have to go "all" the way in that tube from hell......I will never have a MRI again. I had to "tap out" once. I had to lay in all the way with my arms over my head-screw that. Let my insides rot before I do that again!
Enough of me..........good luck for a good answer to the cyst!!

Savannah said...

How awful - I can't stay still at all. Good luck and prayers for your answer to the cyst!

James said...

Everytime some tells me to stay still, I get all nervous and anxiety sets in. I'm horrible at stuff like yoga. Good luck with the results!

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

You got off easy, I think! Do you ever watch "House" or "Grey's Anatomy"? I always yell at the TV when the MRI machine is on "don't go in there!". Bad things always happen.

Megsie said...

Um...ADHD? I was giggling through that whole post! I think it is worse when someone tells you to sit still, then all you can think of is the itches and the uncomfortable positions and how much you want to be done. Hope everything turns out okay. xo

Vee and the Kid said...

I have the SAME problem ... if someone tells me not to do something, my first reaction is to do it! I'm obstinate like that! Good luck with your results. Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

teacherwoman said...

Torture, no doubt! I would find myself giggling too!

akjenniekt said...

wow- that sounds pretty intense! i think every time she told me to stay still i would probably twitch or something :). at least it's done!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hate that...my nose ALWAYS itched right then.

Good luck on the cyst being nothing.

Delane said...

LOL...I always get an itch in th MIDDLE of my BACK! its like the most horrible itch ever!!!!

Jess said...

Did you have to go in one of those tube things? That would freak me out! I have a touch of claustrophobia, and those tube-y things look like coffins to me.

Erica said...

its the worst!!! Glad it's over for you!

Allie said...

Hahaha! You pretty much described exactly what happened when I had an MRI. Staying still sucks! Glad that part is over.

ajh said...

Waiting for results is hard. Good luck.

lindsay said...

i hope you get a cool cd with pictures! and i hope the pictures are good too of course - no seriousness.

N.D. said...

ugh that sounds awful! I would freak out.

Kevin @ Half TRI-ing said...

Funny Story. I have had to do an MRI twice so I know how you felt.

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com

Grammie Brown said...

Wishing you luck. I love your blog and I think you deserve the "stylish Blogger Award" :http://grammiegetsalife.blogspot.com/

FruitFly said...

I had to get an MRI on my brain a few years ago. I swear the more still you try to stay the more you seem to move. Why does it have to take so long??? Shouldn't technology just let us be in and out super fast by now? Sheesh! ;)