Friday, January 7, 2011

Mom Jeans

My weigh in yesterday was not good.  I was up 1.6 pounds.  It was not a record breaking gain, but it was the second week in a row that the scale moved up.  I really enjoyed the holidays, okay?  The person weighing me in gave me a look of pity and patted me on the shoulder saying that this next week would "be my week".   I rolled my eyes and mumbled meh, whatever.  My give a damn went up in smoke over the holidays and it hasn't really found its way back.  I am getting on the wagon slowly,  I am exercising but I am still eating like a linebacker.  The calories I am burning on a 30 minute workout is no match for a cheeseburger.

That was my attitude yesterday.
My give a damn came back and slapped me in the face.  HARD.  I had a major wake up call in the fitting room at Tar-jay Boutique when I was searching for a pair of jeans.   I slipped into a pair, I buttoned them with ease, and thought they might just work.  That was until I looked in the mirror.  To my horror, I was sporting mom jeans.  You know...mom jeans are where the waist buttons above the belly button, has pockets to accentuate a fat ass, and it holds up the c-section flap.   I didn't like how I looked at all, all I needed to complete the look was a sweatshirt that had my kids names embroidered on it.  Even though they were a comfortable fit, I just couldn't make myself buy them.  So I did what every sane girl would do and I headed to the the intimates area and bought me a sausage roller (aka Spanx) to minimize the muffin top (and of course I am reclaiming my love for zero point soup).

I could have modeled for this photo
Anyway...
Chuck
In other self pity news, I have a cold and I am about as whiny as a 2 year old when I am sick.  The icing on the cake was a phone call I received from the doctor regarding the cyst that I affectionately call Chuck.  The MRI results are back and I guess Chuck is a pretty big little bugger that is causing all sorts of fun problems with some tendons and ligaments.  So, I will need to have surgery.  Surgery.  Surgery for a stupid cyst.   I wasn't worried before today, but now I am a bit scared that I will have a longer recovery time.  I want 2011 to be my year of a race a month and this stupid benign grown may put a damper on things. 

That is enough boo-hooing for one day. Thanks for reading my piss and moan fest.  Despite all the crap from above, I am in a very chipper mood (thank you to my double dose of Starbucks). I am happy that it is Friday and that I have a weekend to look forward to enjoying.  Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

25 comments:

FruitFly said...

Well I want to hear about the Spanx! I hear semi-famous people rave about them. There are many days when I'd rather squish myself into those than just go out as is!

Tamzin said...

LOL LOL LOL OMG that piture of those ladies made me LAUGH!!

:)


Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it will be better once Chuk has gone!

Michelle said...

wow that picture is hilarious (not the one of you... of those ladies). I'm wearing my stretchy pants way too often lately.

GISrunner said...

I freakin' love that picture of the mom jeans ladies. Hope all goes well with the surgery & getting back to running.

And you know how to get in touch with me if you need a jumpstart on the weight loss :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, you could have spread that our over a week's time! Hopefully, you and Chuck will separate on good terms.......

WannabeRunner said...

One of the best SNL skits. :)i swear, nothing puts me in a bad mood faster than trying on jeans....but glad you are feeling better today!

Delane said...

I don't think they look bad..in the picture. A bit high waisted but not bad.

sorry about chuck and the surgery.

Momma K and her Krew said...

Good for you resisting the mom jeans. They aint no good. We moms have to band together against those reched things. No cheeseburger is worth the high waisted dated disasters. Except maybe an In and Out double double. With grilled onions. Animal style. And therin is the reason why I run. (<;

Liz said...

LOL!!! All I could think about as soon as I saw your cyst's name was Chuck was "Chuck, Chuck, bo buck..." etc. Definitely an appropriate name.

And that is one of my favorite SNL skits ever. I feel your pain. My lose pants are now tight... ouch. And I find myself in my workout pants a lot lately, not because I'm at the gym, but because they seem to be all that fits comfortably.

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

LOL about the Mom jeans :) Good luck with the surgery...I hope the recovery is quick so you can get back to running!

Megsie said...

*Looks down* I have a pair of MOM jeans. But in my defense I bought them SO LONG AGO they were in at the time. They have a hole in the knee, and are ONLY worn with LONG SHIRTS that hide the fact that they are MOM jeans. And, I hardly ever wear them, I swear. I am so sorry you have to have surgery. That just plain sucks. I am really hoping it isn't going to take you out of the game for long. Take care, xo

mommie2lea said...

Whine away... surgery sucks. I'm sorry. :(

ajh said...

Keep us posted on the surgery. As my cousin once said, the only minor surgery is that that is happening to someone else! Whine away!

Aka Alice said...

Chuck sucks! Hate it for you.

OK..but the SNL mom-jeans? That is some pretty funny stuff...

Hang in there. I gained about 8 lbs over teh holidays too...it'll come off eventually (but when will this cookie craving end?)

Diana said...

Sorry to hear you're in need of surgery-hope all goes well. On a side note, the pain in the ankle may keep you from walking to the frig?!! LOL

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Yeah, that's a crappy day but you're on the band wagon, and will get it done! .....And oh word, your comment cracked me up!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I have mom jeans and I'm not a mom. I just hate bending down with regular jeans and everyone seeing my crack.

Good luck with Chuck! You'll be fine!

wendy said...

Good luck on your surgery, Carly! I have one word for you: GAP Long and Lean jeans (ok, maybe 5 words...) Very, very forgiving and so not mom : )

Jess said...

Damn that Chuck! Chucks should know their place!

Tammy said...

Good luck with Chuck!

I've been wearing the Spanx far too much lately myself, with the only pair of jeans I have that fit me right now. Mostly, I wear sweats or pajamas when I'm not at work.

Judson Family said...

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Years butwhat you eat between New Years and Christmas that counts. I have enjoyed my holidays as well and have almost 2lbs to show for it... Back on the wagon and working towards my goals... back to reality!!!

James said...

Sorry to hear about the surgery. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery to get you back out there!

Cathy said...

You crack me up! Taking a picture of yourself in the Tar-jay dressing room! I don't think a 1.6 pound gain is any trouble. I've been wearing my "holiday" pants lately so I don't have to risk taking out a family member's eye when I try to button my regular pants.
Hope Chuck gets taken care of soon!

Amanda@runninghood said...

your piss an moan fest made me laugh! :) Thanks. Hope you feel better soon!

Mike Russell said...

Nice post. I appreciate honesty even when it sheds light on your more sassy side.