Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Racing on the Calendar

I woke up at 4AM.  I was hoping to sleep in but it just was not going to happen.  I was too tired to work out so I did the next best thing.  I pulled out my credit card and started signing up for races (I do not think too clearly prior to having coffee).

I took care of adding my March and April races to my calendar.
March 19th will be running the Get Lucky 7K.  The best part about this race is that it is an automatic PR for me as I have never run a 7K before. I am also excited because there are a lot of people I know running this race.


On April 30th, I will be running the Get in Gear 10K.
My first four months are on the calendar!  Yee Haw!

15 comments:

Claire said...

Awesome!! I've never even heard of a 7K..that HAS to be lucky!

Kelly said...

I will be running the Get Lucky also! Can't wait!

Jess said...

Congrats! They sound like fun races!

Savannah said...

Looks great - I'm running a 7k in March,too! Wonder if it's becoming a new trendy distance?

Lisa said...

i've never even SEEN a race advertised as a 7K. I think I'd like that distance though

(Just) Trying is for Little Girls said...

Oooh 7k! How cool! Good luck.

ajh said...

Love those automatic PRs. I plan to get out my credit card and do the same later today.

Mighty Mite said...

I'm excited to hear about your 7K race! Thats on my Birthday. I need to NOT pull out the credit card if I wake up in the middle of the night or before coffee...the hubby gets mad when the bill comes. LOL

WannabeRunner said...

woo hoo! I'm looking for a St. Pat's themed race...mainly because i'm hoping the t-shirt is cool. ;)

N.D. said...

Nice!! That is too funny :)

Marci said...

Those sound like fun races! I like to race odd distances, kinda of fun for an automatic PR!

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Yay for races!!! :)

Carly said...

Nice! I have to wait to signup for races, but I'm really looking forward to it!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Awesome on the PR for the 7K!

FruitFly said...

Perhaps it is something in the air! I spontaneously picked out a March and April race, too! Isn't it so much fun picking them out and registering?? I'm totally addicted!