Friday, January 14, 2011

TGIF and Stylish Blogger Award

Wooooo Weeeeee, what a week!  This is really one of the first times I have been able to sit down and get on the computer for ME.  This week was full of life stuff.  You know, PTSA meetings, kids activities, and catching up on a ton of work.  Plus Chubby Hubby in a horrible busy time at work right now and has been pretty much working around the clock.  Needless to say, I am happy it is Friday.  Here a a brief recap of my week.

Monday was our first Pilates class with our sub instructor.  OUCH she worked us hard!  I am still a little sore.....5 days later.  My thoughts are with my regular instructor as she had her double mastectomy on Tuesday.


I am really beginning to hate Wednesdays.  It is the one day where all the kid activities collide.  I race out of work to pick up the kids (who are spread out across the metro) and then we head to Diva's dance class.  After dance we go home for literally 10 minutes to wolf down a sandwich and then my oldest heads out to church and my middle child hits the outdoor rink for hockey practice.  Chubby Hubby and I come home and drop from exhaustion.  Thankfully, we are pretty organized and do the shuffling with not too much stress.  My friends with older kids told me that this is what to expect when the kids start doing things.  Hmmmm, I remember when I had a life.  ha!  At least it is Modern Family night on TV so at least we have an excuse to veg out after the kids are in bed. 

I guess the mom jeans did kind of scare me back into reality.  I guess it wasn't so much where the waist landed it was how I looked in them!  Yipes.  Since finding my give a damn, the Gods of Weight Watchers smiled down on me.  I was down 2.6 this week and I am back below my starting weight.
Ohhhhh....last night, on a whim I grabbed a movie off of Netflix.  I thought to myself "Oh, I heard Precious was a great movie".  For some reason, I assumed it was going to be an uplifting and comical movie (I obviously didn't read the description).  For those of you who have seen this movie, image my shock when I realize it wasn't a funny movie.  It was not funny at all.  Great movie but very disturbing.

Thank you to Grammie Brown for tagging me as a Stylish Blogger.    I am supposed to share 7 things about myself.  I am pretty much an open book but here are a few more tidbits that you may or may not know about me.

1.  I am allergic to all poultry, shellfish, most fruit, latex, and most recently tree nuts.  Pretty much a freak of nature and it is all healthy stuff.

2.   The best burger I have ever had in my entire life was at The Nook, in St. Paul.  I had their Juicy Lucy.  Just thinking about it makes me drool.  The restaurant recently burned down (they will be rebuilding and I can't wait!)

3.  I have the maturity level of a twelve year old.  I think farts are funny, the words unit, box, and package make me snort.   One shining moment of my adulthood was when Chubby Hubby and I almost got kicked out of our birthing classes because we were giggling like 5 year old children when they passed around the fabric uterus and we both had to excuse ourselves during the birthing video.  I still giggle thinking about those classes.

4.  I got kicked out of college for bad grades.  I reapplied, got in, and then rocked all my classes.  My cumulative GPA still sucks despite doing well.  There are days I think about going back for a Master's Degree but right now I cannot add one more thing to my plate or I may have the same result as I did in my early twenties.

5.  My first race I ever did was Twin Cities Marathon in 2001.  I plan on doing it again this year to commemorate my 10 year anniversary of becoming a marathoner.  My only hope is that I do better than I did last year.

6.   I was a pretty decent runner in high school.  I was pretty fit and fast.  I do regret that I didn't stay with it and that it took me so long to reconnect with running.

7.  Since this award is the Stylish Blogger Award, I must confess...I sense of style is pretty non-existent.   I am totally a jeans and t-shirt kind of a gal.  Thankfully I have a job with a very lax dress code and jeans are more than acceptable to wear to the office.  I can usually be found wearing blue jeans and a some variety of fleece jacket/shirt.  I do however, always have a fun hair do!  I love to try new things with my mop.  I am currently trying the longer look which I have not done since high school.

Thank you Grammie Brown for the tag.  I can never decide who to tag so please tag yourself because I want to stalk read more about you!

Happy Weekend!!!  Could this post be any longer?????

8 comments:

Megsie said...

Welcome to the RAT RACE. It only gets worse that bigger they get!

Good for you gracing the Weight Watcher's scale this week...Woot!

lindsay said...

your first race was a marathon?!? holy geez. way to start out small! i am allergic to healthy foods too. it's a shame sometimes... gotta eat that chocolate.

Lisa said...

i am allergic to tree nuts too. wasn't as a kid, but now it's terrible. i actually had an incident the other evening. must have ingested something with nuts and didn't know it; started having trouble breathing and my face began to swell and get itchy. luckily, benadryl saved the day. i don't understand, though, why/how allergies develop like that. weird.

wendy said...

You SURVIVED pilates???? You are my HERO! Glad to hear you had a nice week : )

TNTcoach Ken said...

So do you remember Randy Johnson? They called him the 'Big Unit'!

WannabeRunner said...

Way to go on your WW loss!

And the word "box" makes me giggle too.. :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Now I'm laughing at Big Unit!

FruitFly said...

I love that you compare your maturity to a 12 year old! I've been telling people that lately I feel like a junior high boy. I mean I can't hear the word "balls" without snickering. And then of course I have to repeat it and laugh some more!