Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Week Full of Random Thoughts

  1. I bet this past week I have started and deleted 20 blog posts.   I have had some blogable things but I just could not get them typed out.  I have been so busy at work that my mind is completely mush when I come home.
  2. Our office created a team for the Biggest Loser Minnesota Challenge.  It is a fun way to kick off the new year and create some new healthy habits.   It is kind of fun to have a group of people to keep the momentum going and we can win prizes too.  The challenge is being kicked off by former Biggest Loser contestants.  My coworker's nephew Jesse was on The Biggest Loser last season and he helped kick off the Minnesota Challenge.  He was the only one I liked on the show....not because he is a local lad, but because he didn't blubber like the rest of them. 
  3. I think I am finally over my nasty chest cold.  I do not think I have ever had a cold that has lasted so long.  I am patting myself on the back because I worked out the whole time I was sick.  Normally you would find me fused to the couch.
  4. I have already exceeded my gym requirement for the month.  That makes it two months in a row and perhaps a new record.
  5. Weigh in today kept me exactly the same as last week.  I was expecting a loss but staying the same is better than gaining.
  6. Chubby Hubby is doing P90X as we speak.  Tony Horton is annoying.....so I decided to stick with Shred today.   I am not ready to start that craziness.
  7. Today I felt more like myself today.  Perhaps the winter funk is lifting.  It is staying lighter out later and it was nice out....in the 20's (heatwave)!  And....we had sign up for the boys' baseball teams already.  Spring is coming!!!
  8. Twin Cities Marathon registration starts next week.  I am signing up again because this year will mark my 10 year anniversary of becoming a marathon runner.  There is no better way to celebrate than to run the race that started it all.

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Glad you are feeling better!
There is just something about your first marathon... I will have to do Twin Cities one of these years.

Marci said...

I know what you mean about starting and stopping blog posts! Sometimes its hard to get the words out. Twin cities marathon sounds exciting!

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

10 years running marathons?? That is amazing!! :)

ajh said...

I am jealous of your Biggest Loser comp. at work. I am going it alone but at this point I am doing very well at least.

The Enthusiast said...

Sounds like a lot of good mojo out there. I love it!

bobbi said...

I am 99% sure I am going to do twin cities too this year. I think it's a perfect way to mark your 10 year marathon-iversary!

Marlene said...

Glad you are finally feeling better and awesome job maintaining your workouts and reaching the gym quota!

WannabeRunner said...

10 year anniversary - awesome!! ANd great job on your gym quota. :)

Delane said...

Chicago marathon opens feb 1st. Yikes!!!!

Check out my waist loss challenge: http://euphoricagony.blogspot.com/

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on signing up for Twin Cities.
Glad your funk/cold/whatever has left.
Congrats on the gym record!