Thursday, February 3, 2011

Uncertainty

I admit it, I had a two year old hissy fit melt down today.  My patience is being tested in the worst way and my level of frustration is just about maxed out.  It seems like almost every single aspect of our life is in limbo right now.  We do not know if the kids will be able to go back to their school, Chubby Hubby's job is coming to an end and will have to seek other gainful employment soon, Diva is in a lottery for preschool next year, and most recently (event that caused the meltdown) we don't know if our boys can play baseball for our own community this Spring due to politics and crazy rule changes.  I am really sick of this wait and see game.  This uncertainty coupled with my winter crazies is not a good combo.  Someone is likely to get hurt.

I do know that things will all fall into place and life will peachy again.  But it is hard to work on any sort of  plan B when there are so many things are are up in the air.  I do however know EXACTLY what I will be doing on October 2, 2011........



Congratulations Carly, you are officially registered for the 30th annual Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon on October 2, 2011. We are looking forward to another spectacular day in the Twin Cities.

I can sum up my thoughts with one good old fashioned Minnesota saying UFF-DA! 

22 comments:

Heather said...

Yay, me too! :)

termite said...

hang in there, sugar. something tells me good news is just around the corner.

xo

Sarah Jane said...

Oh, I'm no the fence about the marathon! Mmm. Hoping things fall into place soon.

Marlene said...

My philosophy is: When life gets crazy.... register for a marathon!

bobbi said...

YAY!! me too!

And I love Marlene's philosophy - perfect! Hopefully things settle down for you soon. I am not so good at dealing with up-in-the-air-ness...

Danielle said...

Congrats! Hope everything else shakes itself out!

Jess said...

There's politics involved in Little League?! Lordy. Good luck with all the pieces falling into the right places!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on the Marathon!
I hope things shake out soon for you.

Delane said...

woot on signing up for the marathon.

misszippy said...

Sounds like good reasons for a meltdown! Hopefully it made you feel a bit better when it was all over? Congrats on signing up!

Carly said...

Hoping things look up soon! I totally know how you feel and I know how much it sucks!

teacherwoman said...

The Twin Cities Marathon registration is already open?! Jeepers! That's one where I was thinking I might train for a full, but not sure now.

I hope things smooth out a bit for you guys, soon!

Carolina John said...

Both of my kids have had the flu this week and it stinks. Everything will fall into place soon enough, keep your chin up girl. The marathon will set you free!

Charbelle said...

Oh my goodness that is so much going on!!! So awesome that you signed up for your next marathon!!! I'm almost inspired to look for my next 1/2... almost :) Believing that good news is right around the corner!!

Lucy said...

Go on with your awesome self and signing up for the marathon! Hope everything works itself out. HUGS!

Mary said...

Way to go! It's on my list, but I haven't acted on it yet!! I am so excited for you!

Aka Alice said...

Uncertainty SUCKS! Hang in there...

Kim (Book Worm Runs) said...

Yay for Marathons!!! :)

teri said...

What does UFF-DA mean?
From Sunny California

lifestudent said...

So, the life chaos sucks ... but it always seems to all hit at the same time, doesnt it? As for the Marathon registration? WHHHOOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Charbelle said...

I hope you have had a really fabulous weekend!!! There is an award for you on my blog!

FruitFly said...

Ooh - officially registered for the marathon. Exciting!!